Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:36 pm
    ----
Spot report:

More to follow...

Don

#17: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:40 pm
    ----
Oooh! Aaah! Lookit all that cool stuff! That cages M113 looks like it was MADE to be easily done in 1:35 scale aftermarket brass accessory kits.

Does anybody notice the difference between that M1117 and the standard issue vehicle? That vehicle has an armored(?) belly skid plate, a useful little item in the field I'd imagine.

#18: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:03 pm
    ----
Amended Spot Report... Cool

Oh,..... AND.... " This little Piggie went to Market" Laughing

Mr. Green
Don

#19: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:18 pm
    ----
I like the Dingo 2. Whats the story with the Ontos? Part of a display or are you guys picking it up to take back to Knox?

#20: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:28 pm
    ----
- Hellfish6
I like the Dingo 2. Whats the story with the Ontos? Part of a display or are you guys picking it up to take back to Knox?

This is at Ft Knox. We just transported it on the HETT so not to cause premature damage to the track on the pavement, or to tear up the fairly new paved roads on post.

The Ontos has just completed full Restoration, so 'we' are exhibiting it, along with 'our' M4A1 Sherman as an example of the mission of the Patton Museum and what the Volunteer Program is all about.

Don

#21: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:11 am
    ----
Don,
What's OB doing driving your "pride and joy." I thought you would be the only one allowed to drive it!! Smile

Garry

#22: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:26 am
    ----
Interesting that the OTOKAR Cobra is there, it has reasonable amphibiousity in one version as well as reasonable armour, joint development with AM General..............

Regards,

BUG

#23: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:32 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- Hellfish6

This is at Ft Knox. We just transported it on the HETT so not to cause premature damage to the track on the pavement, or to tear up the fairly new paved roads on post.

The Ontos has just completed full Restoration, so 'we' are exhibiting it, along with 'our' M4A1 Sherman as an example of the mission of the Patton Museum and what the Volunteer Program is all about.

Don

Did the HETT driver even notice he had a load? But I understand wanting to take care of the Ontos tracks Smile

For those who don't know Ontos tracks are very hard to come by. The Aberdeen Ontos came out of refurb at least two years ago and is sitting off to the side waiting for some tracks to be found.

#24: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:58 pm
    ----
Revised, and amended Spot Report:

Ain't this cute...!!!? Wink

One for all those "Down Under....THE AUSSIE ABRAMS!!

Nice line up of stuff, and its still arriving..

Don

#25: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:15 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Revised, and amended Spot Report:

Ain't this cute...!!!? Wink

Don

What IS that?????

#26: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:58 pm
    ----
Thats your trusty neighborhood FCS Armed Robotic Vehicle (ARV)... A mockup at least. It was discussed on the old board:

www.afvnews.ca/cgi-bin...read/68724

Neil

#27: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:22 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Thats your trusty neighborhood FCS Armed Robotic Vehicle (ARV)... A mockup at least. It was discussed on the old board:

www.afvnews.ca/cgi-bin...read/68724

Neil

I managed to miss that.

Thank you for the identification!

(I want one!)

#28: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:31 pm
    ----
Appearently Not a mock up, but not a complete operational version.

Talked with a couple of the 'guys'.

I was interested in the band track, hmmmm wonder if it could be fit on,...lets say,...An Ontos perhaps...

Just thinking...

Don

#29: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:24 am
    ----
Mike,
This might help with 120 ammo ID. MPAT (M830A1) and HE-OR (M908) are the same except the OR has the air/ground fuse swapped with a steel tip. OR (Obstacle Reduction) was developed for Korea when the M728 CEV went away.

The M456 series HEAT round was for the 105mm. The A2 projectile version was pretty much the same construction as the 120mm M830 HEAT.
BTW, MPAT had no trouble taking out T72's during OIF. A friend told me once he saw MPAT do that he stopped battle carrying Sabot.

Joe D

#30: Re: Stryker MGS at Armor Symposium Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:14 am
    ----
One for all those "Down Under....THE AUSSIE ABRAMS!!

Yeah! Come home to Papa...........'bout time they started arriving in serious numbers! Wink

Now all we have to do is get rid of the M113AS3 & 4's and get some decent AFV's (no NOT BRADLEY!) ...........PUMA's or CV90's are preferred by some here............. Mr. Green

Mind you we have such a massive re-equipment programme underway, AFV's are unlikely before 2012 or so..........mind you nobody in his right mind a few years ago thought ABRAMS or Leopard 2's were a possibility!

Regards,

BUG

-> AFV News Discussion Board