Chinese Type 59D
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Chinese Type 59D Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:47 am
    ----
Has the Chinese Type 59D been exported to any other countries, with or without the reactive armor? And if so is there a site where I might find photos of it? I just bought the so-so Trumpeter kit of this tank and I want to explore my options as far as paint schemes etc.

Thanks,

Mike Haines

#2: Re: Chinese Type 59D Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 am
    ----
PAKISTAN was a major buyer of the type and now produces it in the AL-ZARRAR heavily modernised variant which has also been exported to Bangladesh.

Some sources: -

www.ciar.org/ttk/mbt/0...halid.html

www.bdmilitary.com/mai...zarrar.htm

If you look around under Pakistan and the Type 59 you should find sufficient colour images from previous years plus heaps on the Al-Zarrar.

Watch out though a lot of the sites are run by 15 year old spotty wannabes, so some of the anti-everyone-not-Pakastani language leaves a lot to be desired!

Enjoy the searching....................

IF you want to look for limited Chinese info try Sino-Defence.com

Regards,

BUG

#3: Re: Chinese Type 59D Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:53 am
    ----
Web link for the Chinese Defence site, excellent info and presentation of current data..............

www.sinodefence.com/default.asp

Regards,

BUG

-> AFV News Discussion Board