Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing?
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
Perhaps this will satisfy...

#2: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 am
    ----
Cool

Coolo looking bird Ascout !!

Any JATO take off with that ?? Wink

fled
Cool

#3: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:19 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Cool

Any JATO take off with that ?? Wink

fled
Cool

Simulated. First, I eat couple of Reyberto'sâ„¢ Bean Burritos, wait about 20 minutes, then scooch up in my seat just right.....(be sure you're on oxygen when you do this.....)

#4: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:54 pm
    ----
Is that a B-47 Strato? Because its so damn beautiful!

#5: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----

#6: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:26 pm
    ----
- RAF92_Moser
Is that a B-47 Strato? Because its so damn beautiful!

It is indeed...(on both counts).

VC and 2D cockpits, too. Roll rate is somewhat less than a Pitts Special. Wink

#7: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:16 pm
    ----
I really hate it when some one posts a plane picture for FS and doesn't say where they get it. WHERE?

#8: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:46 pm
    ----
- RCAF_Wingnut
I really hate it when some one posts a plane picture for FS and doesn't say where they get it. WHERE?

Don't hate!

www.sim-outhouse.com/i...y=aircraft

Damn, I'm good!
(Of course, this is only at the biggest freakin' runway in the world maybe...at Edwards AFB)

Go to the gallery to see big versions of these...nice plane!

#9: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:39 pm
    ----
Cool

Thanks Ascout !!

fled
Wink

#10: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
Ahhh.....also available at good ol' Avsim!!!!....

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=84045&CatID=fs2004ac

#11: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:05 pm
    ----
Thanks Stoopy! I got it and installed it... Wink

You're right Ascout, BIG plane feel is almost an understatement. Takes a while to get this bird off the ground and a L O N G rw to set it back down on too...lol

Nice model though and worth the time it takes to get it.

#12: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:17 pm
    ----
I did it on one of those short runways that we are flying to on sunday. The only drawback that I saw was no autopilot control. If it has one, I didn't see it. If you open the hatch while airborn, watch it, the pilot and back seater get ejected. No open hatches while on the ground.

#13: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 pm
    ----
An ejection seat? That'll come in handy for some of us...lol

#14: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:27 pm
    ----
On Walter Boynes' site, he notes it was one of his favorite aircraft and one adjustment from the other stuff he flew was the 6,000' per minute decents they had to do (because of atrocious fuel consumption) when making landing approaches. There's a pic of this process, gear down, light flaps, and nose over at about 40 degrees! I have to try this!

#15: Re: Want that "big bird" feel, but airliners not your thing? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:11 pm
    ----
OK, so it felt like cheating to land at Edwards...thus, I give you "Phu Bai" (6,000' runway, and narrow...bets used to be taken on getting 707's airborne from there during the war).

Line up early, and greaser 'er in. I got stopped in maybe 4,500', not bad.

My takeoff was a little.....abrupt...my tail gunner said his seat cushion was getting warm....

-> FS2004