Wazza MPAT?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Wazza MPAT? Author: Skeet PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
Wazza MPAT?

Everything you can tell me w/o going to jail or giving aid and comfort to the enemy please.

#2: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:00 pm
    ----
Multi-Purpose Anti-Tank round. 120mm high explosive round designed to work on armored vehicles, bunkers, structures, etc.

#3: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:35 am
    ----
Curiousity got the better of me, so i went a'lookin.

Is the HEAT-MP-T (M830A1) the same thing as the MPAT?

www.globalsecurity.org...m830a1.htm

Here is some info on two other rounds for the Abrams 120mm main gun, the M908 120mm Obstacle Defeating round, and the XM1028 120mm Canister Tank Cartridge:

www.military.com/soldi...m,,00.html

Frightening stuff.

#4: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
- Jinx
Curiousity got the better of me, so i went a'lookin.
Is the HEAT-MP-T (M830A1) the same thing as the MPAT?
www.globalsecurity.org...m830a1.htm
Here is some info on two other rounds for the Abrams 120mm main gun, the M908 120mm Obstacle Defeating round, and the XM1028 120mm Canister Tank Cartridge:
www.military.com/soldi...m,,00.html
Frightening stuff.

A shot of the M1028 being fired at a 50 M target array of cinderblock walls, wooden walls, & personnel targer forms. Taken about a 15 months ago. Awesome round!! A pity it wasn't available sooner.

Don

#5: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: Skeet PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:53 am
    ----
Thank you folks. Good stuff!

#6: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:02 pm
    ----
Am I crazy, or is the M830A1 fused HE round NOT fin-stabilized? Take a close look at the cut-away round in the link above. If no fins (and there could be unseen spring-loaded fins there for all I know) how is the round stabilized?

#7: Re: Wazza MPAT? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:03 pm
    ----
- mike_Duplessis
Am I crazy, or is the M830A1 fused HE round NOT fin-stabilized? Take a close look at the cut-away round in the link above. If no fins (and there could be unseen spring-loaded fins there for all I know) how is the round stabilized?

The fins are present in this image:

-> AFV News Discussion Board