Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:49 pm
    ----

Found this on another site and thought it would be worthy of you guys. Curious as to what it is. Could it be a Soviet SParty?

#2: Re: Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:24 pm
    ----
Pretty certain that is a French AUF1 SPH

Neil

#3: Re: Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:52 pm
    ----
I'm betting Saddam bought some from the French?

#4: Re: Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:10 pm
    ----
Definately, along with Mirage F1s.

Despite all the "arming Saddam" stuff, the French & Soviets were much bigger suppliers.

Neil

#5: Re: Funny Pic with Interesting Question...What vehicle is it Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 pm
    ----
Yup, I knew what that vehicle was too, but couldn't for the life-of-me remember what its name was. As a matter of fact I'm staring at that AUF1 designation up above and STILL can't recall having ever seen it! If it were a WWII German vehicle with an unpronounceable seven syllable name (including three umlauts) I'd be able to recall it right off the bat.
Danged selective memory.

-> AFV News Discussion Board