Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox:
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:20 am
    ----
Had to share this....

...If you squint real hard, can't you just barely see some M551's or M60A2's lined up along the baseline waiting to fire.???

-Doug Kibby reflecting on MFO Range 26 May 2006-

Spent the day touring around some 'old haunts'.

We'll be in the Museum today, if anyone else wishes to meet up. Doug took most of the photos, I'm sure he'll post soon.

Don

#2: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:51 am
    ----
They sure cleaned up the place, Last time I was there it still had the carcasses of some M60's down range and the grass sure wasn't manicured like that.
Dontos, was up your way Tuesday, drove by the museum along 31W and saw a sand M1?? on the front lawn. Is that something new?? Wanted to check it out but only had half a day in the area. You guys have fun this weekend.

Joe D

#3: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:17 am
    ----
27 May 06:

Special Guest for the Day: Stayed tuned to 'Mail Call'

Don

#4: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:50 am
    ----
Looks like you guys are having some fun.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

#5: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:43 am
    ----
From earlier in the day. I missed this 'event'.

Don

#6: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:50 pm
    ----
Shawn 'sucks up' to the Gunny Wink

[img]http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=503/35303260ShawnGunny.jpg[/img]

#7: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:01 am
    ----
I'm quite disappointed I had to work. Sad Thanks for the pictures.

#8: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:23 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

Shawn 'sucks up' to the Gunny Wink
[img]http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=503/35303260ShawnGunny.jpg[/img]

Hey Mark! What is that vehicle on Gunny's side of the photo?
Reminds me of a XM800T a bit.

As for the Mini-reunion, I am Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green and wished I could have been there.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#9: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:11 am
    ----
It was a Ferret. Complete with British soldier! Maybe Doug or Don got a picture of it.

#10: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:48 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

Now I understand what I am looking at! Got me on that one! Wasn't thinking about equipment from other countries.

Thanks!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#11: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:06 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
It was a Ferret. Complete with British soldier! Maybe Doug or Don got a picture of it.

Thats got to be on Steroids if it is a Ferret... I'm sure you meant Fox Mark Smile

Cool

#12: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:34 am
    ----
You are right, Jim! Knew it started with an "F". Thanks! Smile

#13: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:41 pm
    ----
Hey....this hotel has free wireless access....Kewl!

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to download my pics (1.4 GB worth) 'til I get home...and not even then until I sacrifice some stuff on my almost-full HD. But there's a bunch...some pretty esoteric (to me) but some of general interest.

Don is a great host and does above/beyond duty for the museum and his guests...a big ol' salute there.

Can't wax too fondly about the "Gunny's" ride in the ONTOS...that little soiree may have caused a hiccup in "access" for the real VIP's visiting, but the less said about that aspect, the better. I won't be tuning in to that episode, when it airs, anyway....

Besides....DONTOS would make a much better "Mail Call" host by a long shot! Wink

#14: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:05 am
    ----
Doug

Thanks for the kind words.

The 'Gunny' seems like a nice guy. He seemed a little more 'subdued' in person. Not quite what I expected.

It'll be real interesting to see how much gets broadcasted. A lot of behind the scenes filming.

All in All a very busy day. ( Events like this is how I stay trim and fit. )

Thanks to all who made the trip.

Don

#15: Re: Mini-Reunion - Ft Knox: Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:15 am
    ----
- Dontos
Doug

Thanks for the kind words.

The 'Gunny' seems like a nice guy. He seemed a little more 'subdued' in person. Not quite what I expected.

It'll be real interesting to see how much gets broadcasted. A lot of behind the scenes filming.

All in All a very busy day. ( Events like this is how I stay trim and fit. )

Thanks to all who made the trip.

Don

Well, maybe I'll watch with the sound turned down...good memories of the settings and all.... Wink

I still nominate Don for Emcee, though...he doesn't need multiple takes to get it right....and he's better informed in the first place! (and as a bonus, he doesn't end every 'paragraph' with "Ouu-rah!")

My only regret: Not taking a picture of the "Mail call" rental Ford Expedition with all the grass and mud packed in the front valence from trying to follow a Sherman through Ft. Knox fields.... Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board