Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released
-> FS2004

#1: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:28 pm
    ----
Cool

Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released

The VOZ Team is pleased to announce the release of version 1.2 of Vista Australis, the hotly anticipated next installment of the hugely successful VOZ freeware project, which has cumulatively been downloaded over 100,000 times since the 0.99 release last December.

VOZ 1.2 will add a further 80 airports, four of them major overhauls of international terminals such as YSSY, YMML, YBBN and YSCB.
For the first time, users will be able to enjoy all four seasons in the SE Region to see autumn, winter and spring come alive in Victoria and Tasmania.
This release also brings hundred upon hundreds of new textures, sceneries, tweaks and bug fixes to 1.1, and for the first time adds photoreal areas covering an entire city centre, with photoreal Adelaide being the first area fully integrating photoreal with VOZ textures.
VOZ 1.2 is freeware and is available to download from the Vista Australis website

Point of attention ! You need to have the 1.1 version installed to use the 1.2 as this is an upgrade.

enjoy!

fled

#2: Re: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:42 pm
    ----
:D... Great news Fled! AND...BTW, I finally got VOZ running. On my last XP reinstall (Gasp), I just created a shortcut to FS9 and VOZ requires a registry notation to 'see' the install path.

If anyone else has this problem, I have the register entry if anyone needs it. PM me and I'll send it to you...:wink:

#3: Re: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:01 am
    ----
***MAKE SURE YOU UNVOZ FIRST***

before applying the update 1.2 patch

Also of some interrest the following:

=>
Many of the issues I am seeing here are a result of people simply not reading the manual. (Or reading the fudging manual (RFTM), which is a well known acronymn).

Here's my top 5 RTFM's which I am seeing here:

1. You need to add the scenery entries for VOZ 1.1 to the scenery library

2. You need to VOZ a region before seeing any new textures

3. You use the UNVOZ button to restore your old textures and fly outside Australia

4. You must set the season to SUMMER, since all we provide is the Summer textures

5. You need the DotNet 1.1 Framework installed else the switcher won't run.

And the top non-manual tip:

Ensure you have a valid registry entry for FS9 else the switcher won't run. I am absolutely gobsmacked at how many people do NOT have a registry entry for FS9. Either there is a large amount of piracy going on or you have never installed addons that use the correct MS-recommended procedure for installation of new Windows applications.

Also recommended is to visit the VOZ forums so you know what's going on Wink

vistaoz.org/

fled
Wink

#4: Re: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:26 am
    ----
Good quote Fled and thanks for the heads up...:wink:

As far as the registry entry from the above quote, some people reinstalled XP and left the FS9 install alone and started it using it's own EXE. Under most circumstances, that's ok, but some programs search the registry for the 'install path' and VOZ is one of those.

That doesn't mean this statement at all...

Either there is a large amount of piracy going on or you have never installed addons that use the correct MS-recommended procedure for installation of new Windows applications.

As stated above, I do have the registry entry if anyone needs it... Wink

The other steps mentioned in the quote are absolutes and you must follow those steps for VOZ to work...

#5: Re: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:02 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
As stated above, I do have the registry entry if anyone needs it...

There's also the freeware utility 'fs9path_utility' that will re-install your registry entry if you move your original install to another location.

Available by ftp I believe and also from...
TweakFS Path Utility for FS2004 (Freeware)
Version 1.0
TweakFS.com
October 16, 2004

Support Forum: tweakfs.com/forum
Email: info @ tweakfs.com

The statement about pirated copies of FS9 is a bit harsh, you would have thought an experienced programmer would know the issues with moving original installs to alternative locations.

#6: Re: Vista Australis ( VOZ ) 1.2 Freeware Scenery Released Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:17 am
    ----
Great post Kit, I didn't know about tweakfs... Wink

-> FS2004