Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 pm
    ----
Here are photos of a Canadian Centurion Mk5 which is located in front of the RCOC Museum at Longue-Pointe, in East end Montreal.

#2: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
More front views.

#3: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:25 pm
    ----
Right side.

#4: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
Back view

#5: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:46 pm
    ----
Turret detail and left side.

That’s all folks.

#6: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:10 am
    ----
Those will come in handy when I get around to my 1/25th Tamiya I have yet to build!

#7: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 am
    ----
Hi J.! Hi Folks!

That Cent. looks like she has been taken care of. At least on the outside. The turret storage boxes look like they maybe starting to rust out from the inside however.

Great set of photos, thanks for sharing!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#8: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:20 pm
    ----
"...my 1/25th Tamiya I have yet to build!"

Ah, memories of the big Tamiya kit.
The big Cent may be a million years old by now and not have all the modern bells & whistles (no fancy textures or brass doodads), but it has the advantage of being ACCURATE! When you're done it LOOKS like a Centurion, without the proportional inaccuracies of the even older 1:35 Tamiya kit.

The only problem with the big Centurion kit is psychological, its so huge you don't quit dare to kit-bash it!

#9: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:20 pm
    ----
Super pics - thanks for posting them Smile

Yet more evidence that the Cent is the best looking MBT ever designed Cool

Dirk

#10: Re: Canadian Centurion Mk5 photos Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:33 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi J.! Hi Folks!

That Cent. looks like she has been taken care of. At least on the outside. The turret storage boxes look like they maybe starting to rust out from the inside however.

Longue Pointe is the current site of the remnants of the Ordnance Corps. 202 ("Two Oh Two") Workshop . The building in the background is the Corps' museum, and behind is their open air "tank park". Hardly a Mile of Tanks, but a representation of tanks, trucks, guns and artillery. The only exotic is an East German T72 that survived becoming a hard target.

In the recent past I've noticed news stories of personnel from 202 helping the Legion in Stanstead, Quebec restore their postwar Sherman (with CDP track too!) and the Sherbrooke Hussars restore Tank Bomb. Or maybe the Sherbrooke Record just emphasizes those kind of stories?

-> AFV News Discussion Board