Tiger and Panther survivors lists
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:32 am
    ----
Pierre Olivier, who used to frequent the old board under the name P-O, has made a pair of nice PDF files of Tiger and Panther survivors. As he has not yet joined the new forum, like many others he finds the need for registration a hassle, he has asked me me to provide the links for the files.

the.shadock.free.fr/Su...nthers.pdf
the.shadock.free.fr/Su...Tigers.pdf

All correction, amending and new info welcome, I'll pass on whatever comes up on this thread and future releated threads ... and I'll be on P-O's case to register ASAP. You can also mail P-O directly, his email is on the documents.

Cheers,
Rik

#2: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:10 pm
    ----
Now those are awesome lists. Something like this might could be used for the Directory being discussed in the Wrecks and Relics thread.

Please encourage Pierre to join this forum. Once registered it isn't that much to get into. I'm sure many here would appreciate his imput. I certainly enjoy these lists!

Chris Neel

#3: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:24 pm
    ----
- jcneel
Now those are awesome lists. Something like this might could be used for the Directory being discussed in the Wrecks and Relics thread.

Please encourage Pierre to join this forum. Once registered it isn't that much to get into. I'm sure many here would appreciate his imput. I certainly enjoy these lists!

Chris Neel

By all means...I tried to send the following to Rikard via Private Messages, but it's still lying in my outbox:

"Please implore P-O to join us here. I'll even register him (he can change his password after if he wishes...I've done this for several members already.
(Glad you found your way over here, BTW)

As to the "hassle"...have you visited the old board lately? Several 'bots work it over regularly and there's no keeping up. George has removed the link from the AFV site."

#4: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:55 pm
    ----
Those lists are really cool!! Let Pierre know that his work compiling the lists is appreciated.

#5: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:40 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

By all means...I tried to send the following to Rikard via Private Messages, but it's still lying in my outbox:

"Please implore P-O to join us here. I'll even register him (he can change his password after if he wishes...I've done this for several members already.
(Glad you found your way over here, BTW)

As to the "hassle"...have you visited the old board lately? Several 'bots work it over regularly and there's no keeping up. George has removed the link from the AFV site."

Thanks Doug,

I was over at the old board last week (wich is in a small word terrible), that's how I found P-O. He had responded to the last very extensive, not to mention rewarding, Panther/Tiger Survivors thread we had so I mailed him with some amendments and corrections and got a very quick reply back.

I will urge him to join the new board as I will mail him later today.

Cheers,
Rik

#6: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:39 pm
    ----
Hi everybody,
I received some mails since those lists are on this forum, thanks to Rikard, with very nice photos. I was in Normandy this week, for the D Day anniversary, and I got the opportunity to see the Falaise Panther, so I have some recent photos of it. It is located in the Falaise August 44 Museum, owned by Michel LELOUP. Infortunately, I was not able to ask him if he has a gun for the turret, and if the panther needs a lot of work now..
Here is the photography :

Cheers,

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:20 am
    ----
Very interesting, do you know were it came from or that it is a recent ''find''.

In 2000 there were the following Shermans in the ''backyard'', were these still there??

M4 Sherman der jun00
M4 Sherman der jun00
M4A1 Sherman der jun00
M4A4 Sherman der jun00

Regards,
Lesley

#8: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:23 am
    ----
I don't know where is this Panther from, but it's not a recent find.. I'll ask Mr Leloup when I will go back there, I hope during the summer holidays..

Here is an old photo of this same panther, stored in a farm and find on www.schatzsucher.de :

[img]http://www.schatzsucher.de/Foren/attachment.php?attachmentid=3328&d=1060782959[/img]

Yes there are some Shermans in the backyard, I think I've seen at least 4 or 5 wrecks (I did'nt count them..) + a M10 Tank Destroyer in bad condition + a M32 Recovery Tank and a couple of UK armoured cars, and a Flak 88 mount.. I only have those photos where you can see the Mr Leloup's Panzer IV with some wrecks in the background :

Here you can see the M4A1.

Here are 3 sherman wrecks on the background

Everything is in bad condition and needs a lot of work.. I'll take other photos as soon as possible.
I also have photos of the nice M4A1 Sherman and the Sexton in front of the museum :

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:26 pm
    ----
Very nice pictures! Thank you. I visited Normany in june 2000 and also this museum. I was then under the impression that the museum was closed and ended because of the old building with broken windows, nobody to see and some rusty Shermans in the backyard.

Then they didn't had the Sherman in front of the museum. Its good to see they still have the PzKpfw IV! Any idea what subtype it is? Also is this an original German one or a former Syrian tank?

Regards,
Lesley

#10: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:13 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I don't know where is this Panther from, but it's not a recent find.. I'll ask Mr Leloup when I will go back there, I hope during the summer holidays..

Here is an old photo of this same panther, stored in a farm and find on www.schatzsucher.de

Welcome Pierre-Olivier!

If we could get André Flener's input, he is a Panther authority but I haven't seen him since the move to this forum. I remember André saying that the Leloupe Panther came from Saumur's storage backyard.

Again, Welcome
Rik

#11: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:34 am
    ----
For Lesley, I don't have any idea if the PzKpfw IV is an original one or a syrian one. I'll ask Mr Leloup when I'll go back in Normandy (I'll do a list of questions to ask him.. lol).

For Rik, we maybe have to try to convince Mr Flener to join us on this forum. I don't have a lot of skills about Panthers, I just summarize information I get on the web...

Cheers,

Pierre-Olivier

#12: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:53 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

For Rik, we maybe have to try to convince Mr Flener to join us on this forum. I don't have a lot of skills about Panthers, I just summarize information I get on the web...

Cheers,
Pierre-Olivier

I've emailed André at the address I've got, I hope he'll transfer to this forum if he hasn't already; he would have jumped this thread if he was around though ... well let's see.

Cheers,
Rik

#13: Origins of the Falaise Panther and Pz.IV Author: Andre_FlenerLocation: G.D. of Luxembourg PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
Hello everyone!

Yes, I'm also a member of this 'new' AFV News Discussion Board, but I actually post here more seldom, than on the 'old' one; whose layout was by far more clearly arranged...

Tout d'abord, je dois dire que c'est un remarquable effort fait par Pierre-Olivier avec ces deux fichiers PDF - donc: continuez le bon travail! ("This was a message for the French-speaking members.") Wink

Well, one asked for my advice, so here's my 'very humble' one:

That yet unrestored Panther stored at the "Musée Août '44" in Falaise most likely came - like I stated before - from the back-scrap-yard of the Saumur Museum:

(Source: http://community.webshots.com/photo/252214650/1262787004063387170zuXCxd )

A small hint: count the hit-dots on the glacis plate (in comparison with the frontal picture posted above)... Laughing

Thus one can presume that this museum's Pz.IV came from there as well.

BTW, here's another image of the same Panther, apparently taken when it had been delivered:

(Source: somewhere on the internet!)
(Disclaimer: this is NOT my photo!)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

André Flener

#14: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 pm
    ----
Very pleased to welcome you on this 'new' forum, André.. and a new very interesting photo, which shows this Panther with some parts on the back (maybe not enough to complete the running gear..). It's a shame that it seems not to have its gun. However, I've seen a Panther gun exposed at the D-Day Omaha Museum in Vierville... Here is a photo I've taken :

Who knows, maybe this Panther will be complete one day.. I hope so..

Regards from France

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Tiger and Panther survivors lists Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:54 am
    ----
Did you know something about this Tiger ?
www.militaryimages.net.../allfields

Photos was doing in Duxford Museum

-> AFV News Discussion Board