Vespa with what mounted on it?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: kmeyer PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:09 pm
    ----
Found this picture on another site I frequent. The photo taker
was visiting the home of Vespa. Ned to follow the link below:

www.cyclingnews.com/ph...a/IMG_0677

Is that a recoilless rifle mounted on the vespa.

Thanks
Kevin

#2: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:39 pm
    ----
The caption says "rocket launcher", but I can't read the script on the ammo tubes....

#3: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:02 pm
    ----
Yeh, even people who have fired the things tend to be confused over rocket launcher vs recoilless rifle. Oh, the debates I've had!:mrgreen:
That ÃœberVespa may look like a foolish idea until you consider the alternative - Dragging the darned thing up over a mountain path by hand!

#4: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:59 pm
    ----
Man oh man. Dont let my kid see that pic.

Might give him crazy ideas for trickin out his Vespa. Laughing

#5: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:37 pm
    ----
Old U.S. 75mm recoilless rifle?

#6: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
David_Reasoner
wrote

Old U.S. 75mm recoilless rifle?

certainly looks like one to me

www.robertsarmory.com/rrifle.htm

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#7: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:13 pm
    ----
Wow! An Italian Ontos!

#8: Re: Vespa with what mounted on it? Author: giacomo415Location: Sardinia - Italy PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:46 pm
    ----
Not Italian but French. Cool

Is a license built ACMA Vespa, model TAP (Troupes Aèro Portèes).

Production raised 800 during 1956/59, not only with 75 recoilless rifle but also with 81mm mortar.

Best regards

Giacomo

-> AFV News Discussion Board