access is denied
-> Hardware

#1: access is denied Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:11 am
    ----
~S~ All

I have been flying allot of FS9 the past couple of weeks and closed out my last session today.

When I tried to restart FS9 I recvd this error msg.

ERROR: createfile(C:\Docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\~e5d141.tmp)

access is denied

games with no cd patches work fine as well as music cds but so far i cant get fs9 or il2 to work with cd in f drive.

#2: Re: access is denied Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:51 am
    ----
Shocked

never seen or heard of that one Aristaeus,

What I would do is check the whole thing with Flight Sim Manager 2.8.5 this is a very good FREE proggy to checkout your fs9 install and also has cures for problems that may be in there

you can get it at the authors site

keep us posted

fled

#3: Re: access is denied Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:27 am
    ----
System Restore?

#4: Re: access is denied Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:48 am
    ----
Did you install it with admin details and then are trying to run it with a limited user account?

#5: Re: access is denied Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:41 am
    ----
Fled I tried that flight Sim Manager not too long ago and I could never get it to work...each time I tried to start the app it gave e an error messaging syaing the program was tto old and needed to be updated..it gave me the update site and I downloaded the newest version only to get that same error message..never got it working..

#6: Re: access is denied Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:11 pm
    ----
~S~ All
All other games work just fine this is only effecting two so far my orig IL2 and FS9.
This is what is wierd that two diff games are giving me the same msg and all others work.

#7: Re: access is denied Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:01 pm
    ----
It's a longshot, but have you changed any hardware settings lately..I recently had a problem ith FS9, and after a total reinstall of the game the only thing that was causing the problem was a change I had made in the nvidia console for my card...think of anything you might have possibly changed sometime before the error occured..even if you don't hink its related, if you changed something, change it back & try...

#8: Re: access is denied Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:32 pm
    ----
i had this prob ages back try reinstalling direct x to a older version then if it runs update direct x to latest version.....

#9: Re: access is denied Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:39 pm
    ----
~S~ All
I finelly broke dwn and e mailed MS SUPPORT for FS2004 and recved a response within 12hrs. Shocked lol
Anyway after following inst on several ways of restoring my FS9 I had to create a new admin account which in so doing denied me access to my orig admin account, which meant I lost most of my games and all of my fav links. Evil or Very Mad .
So after pulling my hair out I decided to restore to earlier time (which didn't work the first three times) and got most of my orig admin account back.
So after reinstalling FS9 it now works.
Thanx to everyone for ur help and suggestions.
I am now off to try my hand at the African Adventure.

#10: Re: access is denied Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:49 pm
    ----
Only a few days of CFS1 left on the zone Ari, don't you be missing it now.
Smile

-> Hardware