New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:53 pm
    ----
You noticed that too Neil,

Slick M48 originally, you can tell by the old stowage mount for the .50 cal cradle in front of the loaders hatch. The rear fenders are not original for a Slick M48 either and she still has the original 90mm travel lock. If I were to guess She looks like the M48 Test Vehicle used at White Sands for the Shillelagh program, but I need some other angles to tell for sure. The only image I have of that tank shows the rear fenders as rounded, but those could have been replaced at a much later date.

Last edited by Joe_D on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#32: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:56 pm
    ----
From the Restoration Shop Move gallery - can anyone identify the exact model of this M48 Patton (right?).

Thanks.

Neil

#33: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:29 pm
    ----
UPDATE 29DEC09
41 pics of an Australian Sentinel AC1
13 pics of the Littlefield Sherman Jumbo
53 pics of a M110A2
79 pics of a Churchill 6.5 inch AVRE
and
25 pics of the MVTF Restoration Shop Move

#34: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:36 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
I thank you Chris.

ps.

The page is working www.toadmanstankpictur...avre_2.htm

but the links to the photos are wrong I see this:
Fixed.

#35: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:13 am
    ----
I thank you Chris.

ps.

The page is working www.toadmanstankpictur...avre_2.htm

but the links to the photos are wrong I see this:

#36: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:17 am
    ----
- bialy-r
Chris do you have photos of:

M4 Grizzly
M44
M52
OT-810
Churchill AVRE

www.toadmanstankpictur...m/m4a1.htm
www.toadmanstankpictur.../m4401.htm There are 2 M44's. I have to find my pics of the other one

www.toadmanstankpictur.../m5201.htm
www.toadmanstankpictur.../ot810.htm There are 2 OT-810's on this page
www.toadmanstankpictur...avre_2.htm I just added this set to my site.

#37: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 am
    ----
Chris do you have photos of:

M4 Grizzly
M44
M52
OT-810
Churchill AVRE

#38: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 pm
    ----
- bsmart

If 'nowhere' implies an area so remote it is properly mapped, How do you know that you are in the middle of it? Mr. Green You might be in east nowhere, or south nowhere, or heaven forbid north nowhere! Laughing

In this case 'nowhere' equates to a country without a single freaking armour museum Wink

#39: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
ah okay the images are apparent now Being so far away in the middle of nowhere sometimes this happens

Well I'm in a major metro area with high speed connections through a major corporation and I saw nothing but the little square with teh x in it when I first looked at the thread this morning. When I looked at it again after Dontos posted a reply the pictures suddenly appeared so I'm not sure it had anything to do with your location.

If 'nowhere' implies an area so remote it is properly mapped, How do you know that you are in the middle of it? Mr. Green You might be in east nowhere, or south nowhere, or heaven forbid north nowhere! Laughing

#40: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm
    ----
ah okay the images are apparent now Being so far away in the middle of nowhere sometimes this happens

Chris - your images of the jumbo restoration are contributing greatly to an interior kit - take more! Wink

#41: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm
    ----
Jim

The lower photo shows a torch cut breech, which is painted red along the cut area.

Regards
Don

#42: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am
    ----
For some reason I cannot see what were are talking about?

#43: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 am
    ----
Just a thought

That looks to be a possibly mandated 'demil' modification, to ensure a non-firing gun.

Still beautiful work
Regards
Don

#44: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:42 am
    ----
- the_shadock
there is a thing that seems strange to me :
January 2009 :

November 2009 :

did they change the breech and put a broken one instead of a functional one, and why?

P-O

Good catch there P-O. I'll have to ask them later this week.

#45: Re: New photos @ Toadman's Tank Pictures Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:37 am
    ----
there is a thing that seems strange to me :
January 2009 :

November 2009 :

did they change the breech and put a broken one instead of a functional one, and why?

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board