Military Flights
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  :| |:
-> FS2004

#271: Re: Military Flights Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:07 pm
    ----
Wink

#272: Re: Military Flights Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:03 pm
    ----
Well even though there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest now, I may go ahead and put together a flight just for kicks..If I can get at least one or two people to make a flight with me we can get some cool formation shots..

I'm playing with creating a flight now but not having much luck editing the way points....I mapped out a route I liked on google earth but now trying to figure out how to do it in FS9 is the challenge....gonna go back and try it again, wish me luck
Smile

#273: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:12 am
    ----
depending on the selected aircraft it tells ya what your estimated airtime would be depending on cruise speed and altitude etc etc even teels you how much fuel you could expect to burn if you stick to the flightplan.

As Tom said it's pretty straightforward.

We could get on TS and talk ya through it Hangy.

fled
Cool

#274: Re: Military Flights Author: Hangman PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:40 pm
    ----
sounds fairly straightforward but does it give you any indication how long the flight may take? I doubt that it could since there are too many variables in airspeed..we'd want to keep these flights in a two hour time frame so we'd have to plan the waypoints with that in mind. Is there a way to determine that in the planning stages or do you just have to do the flight to determine the time?

#275: Re: Military Flights Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:06 pm
    ----
I don't use FSNav, but the FS9 Flightplanner is pretty flexible. Just set the type of flight you want (VOR, high or low airways, or GPS), then select Find Route. If you don't like what you get, it can be edited. Delet waypoints be selecting them on the list and hitting the Delet button below. Add waypoints by simply dragging the red path onto that waypoint. When you save the flight, the file goes into "My Documents\Flight Simulator Files" as a .PLN file.

#276: Re: Military Flights Author: Hangman PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:01 pm
    ----
Nice idea Deenee...I'd like to set it up like the Sunday flights, where there is an actual flight plan....unfortunately I have no idea how to create a flight plan how ever maybe I could persuade Fled to teach me??..I'll get with the powers that be and see if we can get this rolling..

#277: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:08 am
    ----
P-3 Orion patrols around the Scottish Isles, Iceland or the Baltic perhaps, looking for submarines or the odd fishing boat? Someone I'm sure with more expertise than me, could provide a little scenery file with a fishing boat out in the depths of the North Sea to hunt?

H

#278: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:34 am
    ----
Great plan Hangman !!

Have quite a few ww2 aircraft sitting in my fs9 hangar gathering dust Laughing

Would be nice to give 'n a spinn and make nice screenies

fled
Cool

#279: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:29 am
    ----
Albiet my copy of FS9 has not yet arrived, I would imagine the possibility of running into a few swine in some 109's isn't out of the realm of possibilities! We've been known to enjoy a little formation flying hops from time to time.

#280: Military Flights Author: Hangman PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
Would anybody be up to doing some military combat patrols in FS9?...I was kinda thinking maybe a once a month deal where we patrol a respective area and choose a different theme for each month....my interest behind this is really getting some cool multiplayer military shots...if you think about the possibilities it could be quite fun...everything from modern military hardware back too WWI vintage biplanes...just kind of a different take on the Sunday flights...it would take some coordination to keep everything on task with the time period choosen, thats why I think monthly would be better for something like this vs. weekly...anyway just an idea...suggestions??

-> FS2004