Military Flights
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#61: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:42 am
    ----
OMG!!!! Wonderful, the lowskid OH-6 with your latest flight model!!!

All the bases/location points are in except for a spot in A Shau Valley. Mebbe when Ascout gets home he can get me some coordinates and double-check the BGL file I'll send him. Right now it's stand-alone, but I think it can drop right into the SEA mesh scenery and he'll have his bases show up on the GPS.

Didn't know about the 2MB limit, thanks Bushy, and yep I'll contact ya when it's reddy. This will take a while still but the most major hurdles are covered!

Pretty cool to see "Camp Eagle" and "FSB Birmingham" even show up on the GPS menu now.....just finished flying a quickie protoype flight plan from DaNang to Ruong Ruong Valley to Khe Sanh then back to FSB Birmingham to Phu Bai then back to DaNang, all on GPS Autopilot in the A1-D.

All in all it was about 80 minutes of flying time.....what's a good target duration for this flight??? Too long? Too short?

#62: Re: Military Flights Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:14 pm
    ----
I think if we stay around the 2hr range like the Sunday flight we should be fine..

#63: Re: Military Flights Author: Kafco PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:31 pm
    ----
I have no idea if this is usable but I found at Simviation > FS2004 > Scenery > p.65 ; "Apocalypse Now" and "Apocalypse Now '04 Redux" and thought of this thread. Useable ? ?

Since I am a vet of the Korean War, I have CFS2 Korea, CFS3 Korea and Fighter Pilot modded for Korea sims so I understand your interest.

Regards,
Ken

#64: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 pm
    ----
- Kafco
I have no idea if this is usable but I found at Simviation > FS2004 > Scenery > p.65 ; "Apocalypse Now" and "Apocalypse Now '04 Redux" and thought of this thread. Useable ? ?

Since I am a vet of the Korean War, I have CFS2 Korea, CFS3 Korea and Fighter Pilot modded for Korea sims so I understand your interest.

Regards,
Ken

I seem to remember these coming up in the past but don't recall exactly what they offered. Might be worth checking out.

The updated Army OH6 is just about done. Will include a minigun vers. (D-Troop 3/5) and one without (C-Troop 2/17). Once I get the readme file done I'll get together with Stoopy for a proper packaging.

#65: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:53 pm
    ----
BTW Stoopy, a little off topic but while I have your attention, remember this beaut............ Wink

#66: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:59 pm
    ----
Ehh......yep!!!!!

I need to change the color and also modify the door window becuase it's bigger....I know it's late......(cringe).....:time to get it out the door I know...

I have the Apolocalypse Now and Redux effects and they aren't that great, although the idea is neat. It puts fires and explosiions and some firework-looking things all over the place wherever you go taht are also KILLERS on frame rates. I'd propose skipping 'em for this....but it is a good suggestion on the surface!

Based on the quick success getting what was needed out of the MS Scenery SDK I also got a few others, like the Effects SDK and it may be easy to put up some other effects at key points. Not too much to blow the realism though. The Apocolypse Now effects were pretty extreme - like all of Vietnam was in a huge world-ending firefight and artillery strike.

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

#67: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:41 am
    ----
Okay well I hope it was time well spent....spent a couple hours with the Effects SDK today, it comes with a nice sample forest fire, and then I worked up something that hopefully looks like a pink smoke grenade being popped in an LZ. Purple Haze? Laughing

Don't want to go too nutso with this stuff but Kafco made a good point about having maybe a few effects somewhere in there, and it makes sense to have a little bit at some of the harder to identify places.

I'll add them to the NAV points in the other BGL to make it easier for Ascout to see where I've put his other camps, and we'll go from there.

Also recorded the A1-D flight so I can play it back as AI as I start experimenting with the Helo flight, to comfirm the timing...if it works out right I should see my AI-D fly over as AI at specific times.

Gettin' close gents.....I think.....Fr8ycat, Yep I'll defininitely be standkng by and ready to wrap a new installer around your great updated Loach!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total

#68: Re: Military Flights Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:59 am
    ----
Wonderfull stuff fella's !

Sorry that I haven't been around to much lately.

Hopefully as from next week I'll be fully available again.

fled
Cool

p.s. I still have a exploding bombs effect stashed if you fella's wanna use it

#69: Re: Military Flights Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:17 pm
    ----

#70: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:48 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus

p.s. I still have a exploding bombs effect stashed if you fella's wanna use it

Fled....gosh, how can any self-respecting Wild Sau say no to an offer like that, really?
Feel free to send away!...

In honesty I don't know if it would be useful for this particular mission however. We need to be careful and limit what's going on or I'm afraid folks would run into frame rate hits or problems, since this will be taking place in multiplayer with different aircraft and helo's flying around. Gotta be careful.

I was thinking of using the smoke canister I'd whipped up (looks better than the example above now) for some of the smaller LZ's that the helos will be heading into, with or without air cover, and making a white smoke "Willy Pete" effect for up around Khe Sanh for the Sandy's to make a run on. Primarily, "markers" like as these are needed so that the new locations, which have now been added as airport data and show up on the map and GPS, will also easily visible from outside the cockpit...since there is no actual "scenery" added for Khe Sanh and others, and they are otherwise indestiguishable from surrounding terrain. So that's now taken care of as well.

But if we can use it, we will, I bet ya... We'll see what our subject matter expert says when he gets back in town and looks over what we have so far! Wink

#71: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:43 pm
    ----
Just bustin your chops stoopy, we'll get her out there in due time. I'm mch more interested in this project. The pic looks awesome!

and funny you bring up "willie pete", the new udated Loach has a wire with 3 cans of it hangin in front of the gunner.

It's all done but i'm in a hotel room right now doing this on a tv screen with a wireless keyboard that likes to leave out 1 letter of every word i type.i swear it took me 1/2 an hour just to type this reply.

will be home tomorrow morning and arrange to get you the updated files.

#72: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:49 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Oh, sorry about your trips...I'll be muddling along on Italian food after a few days in Amsterdam (and what CAN'T you buy there?! Wink )

Ooo!! Ooo!! I know this one (took me two pages of the thread to remember it)....!!!

- JG300-Ascout
....a few days in Amsterdam (and what CAN'T you buy there?! Wink )

A McDonalds Quarter-Pounder!!!

Because of the metric system!

But you CAN get a "Royale with cheese" if I remember right... Cool

#73: Re: Military Flights Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:20 pm
    ----
Sounds like fun im in. Just a sugestion, howabout you use a apche cobra gun ship? i beilieve they were in that too, also, seeming as my brother is always on msn messenger if someone could drop me an e-mail when all of this is ready for download? thanks

#74: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:34 pm
    ----
- RAF92_BattleHawk
Sounds like fun im in. Just a sugestion, howabout you use a apche cobra gun ship? i beilieve they were in that too, also, seeming as my brother is always on msn messenger if someone could drop me an e-mail when all of this is ready for download? thanks

Apache and Cobra are two different aircraft. Alas, there is no AH-1G for FS2004 ( I have no idea why...it's beautiful). There is an "S", but that ain't "correct" for VN.

#75: Re: Military Flights Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:41 pm
    ----
Ooooops, sorry bout that. I was at the Abbotsford airshow last year they had one and they said it was the AH_1Z ApacheCobra. My mistake. Anyone know when this is going to be available for download?

-> FS2004