Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
Anyone else have this poster? I have the 1998 version, which as near I can tell is the last one printed, and is relatively hard to find. I picked up mine at the Fort Knox Armor Conference years ago. The 1986?/7? version is a little more common, copies are sold at the Ordnance Museum for example. A year or so ago I tried tracking down the official printing office, which wound up at Fort Campbell for some reason, to find out if there was a later version - there isnt.

Anyway, I see a 1986 copy is for sale on Ebay.

BTW, I've been enjoying my latest trip to the UK. Visited the Bovington Tank Museum today - took more than 600 pictures! More to follow of course Wink -- that is as soon as I get the time to sort & upload them!

Neil

#2: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:45 pm
    ----
I've got a copy of the 98 version. I picked it up at an open house at TACOM. (pre 9-11, they stoped having open house since)

#3: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:18 pm
    ----
I remember tose in the 70's too. We had them posted in the barracks somewhere.

#4: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
I've got mine marked up with pencil checkmarks by every vehicle I have seen Wink

Neil

#5: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:07 pm
    ----
One pic from Eurosatory to share - Saumur has a booth here. Doesnt this look familiar?

Of course the origin is gone from the bottom, and no credit to George Bradford as in the original (oops, hope I didnt just create a firestorm!). And no explanation at the bottom as to why some tanks are filled and others are not as on the original.

Neil

#6: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:43 am
    ----
Years ago Bovington used to do the same sort of thing in a booklet... would love to get my hands on one again.

Cool

#7: Re: MY Poster gets around... Author: George_BradfordLocation: Cambridge, Ontario PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:44 pm
    ----
Hi Guys;

Just a short explanation. Back in the late 70's APG asked for permission to use my drawings to make a large poster that they could market to raise money for the APG Collection. I gave them permisiion.
Obviously it has since travelled around and ended up at Saumur as well. This is all fine with me, and I'm happy to see it still exists. Actually I had one of these posters, but gave it away. All I have now are the original books I did for BELLONA that the line drawings came from.

George Bradford

#8: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 pm
    ----
I sent my captain to check Ft. Knox TASC to see if they were still available. He just came back with three they made for him.

#9: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:19 pm
    ----
- Sabot
I sent my captain to check Ft. Knox TASC to see if they were still available. He just came back with three they made for him.

Somebody hold him down while I steal er permanently borrow them Wink

Cool

#10: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
Does this mean that another army organization could request them through distribution?

Like The Patton Museum or The Ordnance museum? or could the be requested through the GPO?

#11: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 pm
    ----
The bottom of the poster has the following legend, which appears to indicate it can be ordered via the Army or GPO:

On the bottom left:
ATZK-IM POSTER 350-1-18, FEB 98 REPLACES ATZK-DPT POSTER 450, MAR 92

On the bottom right:
U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, 1999-753-558.

That may enable you to order it one way or another...

Neil

#12: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 pm
    ----
That being said, I believe I had no luck last time I tried to track it down via GPO - they had no clue about it, no records in their system, etc.

Neil

#13: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:38 pm
    ----
For what its worth, ATZK-IM would appear to indicate Fort Knox Information Management (ATZK being the code for Fort Knox and IM the code for Information Management).

I am guessing this is now the "Fort Knox Directorate of Information Management." It appears the nomenclature for IM has changed as its code is now IMSE-KNX-IM.

Anyway, I think I tried talking to them a couple of years back. At the time they certainly werent working any new updates to the poster - but I dont think I asked about copies of the last one...

Neil

#14: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:51 pm
    ----
If anyone gets any copies of them i would appreciate one... I might even be persuaded to pay :0

Cool

#15: Re: Armored Vehicles Past & Present Poster... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:59 pm
    ----
Well, I suspect Bob's idea is to get the Ordnance Museum to order a bunch and sell them Wink I think its a great idea, especially since it appears to have started at the Ordnance Museum.

Of course I tried to get the lady at the giftshop to do that years ago...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board