Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:16 pm
    ----
The Ram II target tank

Matilda CDL

They have set a light on this tank to flash, I believe the pic is in mid-flash.

Covenanter

Tetrarch

Neil

#47: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 pm
    ----
nm

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

#48: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:15 am
    ----
Updated series of WWII German vehicle pictures:

PzBefWg I - Panzer I command tank

PzKpfw II Ausf F

PzKpfw III Ausf L

PzKpfw III Ausf N

PzKpfw IV Ausf H

PzKpfw V Panther Ausf G - like the JagdPanther below, this one was built at the Panther factory under the direction of the British Army REME at the end of the war.

PzKpfw VI Tiger

PzKpfw VI King Tiger (Porsche Turret)

PzKpfw VI King Tiger (Krupp Turret) - this one just came from the Defence Academy at Shrivenham. There's more info at this link: www.tankmuseum.co.uk/n...80506.html

JagdPanther - this was also built at the Panther factory under the direction of the British Army REME at the end of the war.

JagdTiger

Stug 40 Ausf G

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

#49: Re: Some Bovington Tank Museum pics... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:37 pm
    ----
One more item - Bovington's Panther Schmalturm turret. I didnt remember seeing it 2 years ago, was glad to see it this time:

Neil

#50: Identification Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:56 pm
    ----
I need some help identifying this armored car. The sign does not appear to match the vehicle?

Neil

#51: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
Similarly, are these Sherman rollers?

Neil

#52: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:07 pm
    ----
Any idea what this is a model of?

Neil

#53: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:33 pm
    ----
Nice shots, Neil. I really really hope that you will go to the Saumur Tank Museum soon, to take more wonderful photos.
I took some of your photos from the Bovington tank museum, and inserted it in my PDF files (look at the "Tiger and Panther survivors lists" topic).

Cheers from France,

Pierre-Olivier

#54: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:40 pm
    ----
Unfortunately, I dont know when I will get to Saumur again - although I was pleased to find that they had brought a Char B1 bis to Eurosatory last week. Pictures to follow in another thread...

Neil

#55: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:02 pm
    ----
So no help on these? The armored car especially?

Jim?

Neil

#56: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
So no help on these? The armored car especially?

Jim?

Neil

Sorry Neill the thread takes so long to download from image-treacle-bucket that I have had to turn the images off when I view it... one of the consequences of living in this part of the world I suspect.

Cool

#57: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: clausb PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:05 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
A Mk A Whippet known as "Caesar" - one of two in the world, the other is at the Ordnance Museum at APG. A Birtish Army Lieutenant won a VC posthumously in this tank.

Neil

They also have a Whippet in the Belgian Museum of Armour in Brussels (and a Mk IV IIRC).

Claus B

#58: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:43 am
    ----
Hi Neil! Hi Folks!

Thanks for sharing your photos! Almost makes up for not go there myself.

As for your questions:

1. The armored car, no clue yet.

2. The possible Sherman mine rollers, again no clue yet.

3. The model. Looks a bit like a possible VERY early Chieftain idea.

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#59: Re: Bovington Tank Museum pics... Some ID Help Needed Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:04 am
    ----

Sorry Neill the thread takes so long to download from image-treacle-bucket that I have had to turn the images off when I view it... one of the consequences of living in this part of the world I suspect.

Cool

How about you just let it load in a seperate window while you're doing whatever else? I hate to leave you out of this... I may have to look into the photobucket album options...

Neil

#60: Re: Some Bovington pics... Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:52 pm
    ----
Great pics Neil, thanks!

Hanno

Last edited by Hanno_Spoelstra on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

-> AFV News Discussion Board