AMD enter price war with Intel
-> Hardware

#1: AMD enter price war with Intel Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:11 am
    ----
WAHOO!!!

www.theinquirer.net/?article=32304

#2: Re: AMD enter price war with Intel Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:01 pm
    ----
Cool

#3: Re: AMD enter price war with Intel Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:34 am
    ----
-S-

Great.....now I wont have to sell a testicle to upgrade my rig...!!!!!!!!

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#4: Re: AMD enter price war with Intel Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:52 am
    ----
check it out 'fellas!

www.newegg.com/Product...6819103633

#5: Re: AMD enter price war with Intel Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm
    ----
sound like a good buy, if say you have a base AMD Athlon 64 939 processor and want to upgrade to a high model in the range, and the same if you have a base 940, I am doubtfull though if it would be a good idea to purchase a new 939 in that 939 will presumably not be available for the coming quad processors and whilst 940 is AMD's latest pin set I would not be buying that new either in that the new to be released Intel Core 2 Duo looks so much better than the AMD Athlon 64 939/940 and will be released end of next month. The only negative as regards Core 2 Duo is that you can get a Crossfire enabled motherboard for it but not a SLI enabled board but Nvidia has just announced it is makeing SLI available for Core 2 Duo.

tomshardware.co.uk/200...for_intel/

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

„Ik val aan, volg mij!�
Rear Admiral Karel Doorman Royal Netherlands Navy
Battle of the Java Sea 1942

-> Hardware