Aero Commander 520 Holding Short
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
I hope to have the AC520 ready for release by Friday 16th.

It features optimized exterior model and VC (actually much smaller poly count than the original), much better-FPS friendly, totally redone virtual cockpit and cabin, new hi-resolution vc panel and gauges and improved flight model. Nice subtle improvements on the exterior plus my first use of the "squishy tire" technique. This is a much improved AC520 over the original release.

See the cabin shot a VC panel shot below. (Much better view in the sim but compression and change to jpg has its losses)

I hope to have a beta link available for some of you Monday night.

#2: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:35 am
    ----
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!

Fantastic News !!!

fled

#3: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Hangman PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
aww Milty you tease!...I wanna see the outside!..lol..hey can we call you UNcle Milty now??? hehehe

#4: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:19 am
    ----
The outside? Why? Pilots can't see the outside. Laughing

#5: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:13 am
    ----
Wow, she's damn beautiful! Milton, you are the miracle man. Great job!

#6: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:18 am
    ----
Laughing
- Hangman
aww Milty you tease!...I wanna see the outside!..lol..hey can we call you UNcle Milty now??? hehehe

Laughing
- Milton
The outside? Why? Pilots can't see the outside. Laughing

Laughing
Thanks Milton !
Looks wonderfull !! Cool

fled
Cool

#7: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Hangman PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:46 am
    ----
Holy Moly she's a beaut!...think we'll be makin some flights in that for sure!...oustanding stuff Milton, Thanks!

#8: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:52 am
    ----
Wink

It's easy to see why Milton's work is considered some of the best freeware on the web today and easily CC member's favorites!

Great job as always Milton!! That 'glass' effect on the table is one outstanding feature!

#9: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:13 am
    ----
The AC520 was uploaded to Com_Central about one hour ago, awaiting approval I suspect. Smile

I hope you enjoy her. Lots of hours invested to go Hi-Res VC and beautiful interior cabin, and make her very frame rate friendly without losing quality.

#10: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:14 am
    ----
Got it!!! Now for a little stick time before bed!

#11: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:08 am
    ----
Ahhh, what a nice surprise to wake up to... Wink

Thanks Milton and it's now available in our download section...:jump:

To get it: Click HERE!

#12: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:02 pm
    ----
WOW.

Snagged it and took it out for a nice early-morning 3-leg beer run. Just absolutely gorgeous and beautiful, well-mannered in every way and an absolute pleasure to fly. Can't thank Milton and crew enough, and having it hosted here a little early was icing on the cake.

It's getting to where I question why I'd ever download any other aircraft ever again!!

#13: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:29 am
    ----
Looks like a great time there boss! I just grabbed it myself and can't wait to take it for a trip out around Ranier, St Helens, and back to the Sty. Nice long flight to break her in right!

#14: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:46 am
    ----
I picked it up as soon as I heard it was released! The first thing I did was hit shift+Z to see what my framerates were doing. I might as well have been flying the default Cessna - there was no hit on frames that I could see! I'm considering changing my default flight to this bird!!!

#15: Re: Aero Commander 520 Holding Short Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:44 am
    ----
- tomclayton
I picked it up as soon as I heard it was released! The first thing I did was hit shift+Z to see what my framerates were doing. I might as well have been flying the default Cessna - there was no hit on frames that I could see! I'm considering changing my default flight to this bird!!!

Wink I noticed the same thing...

-> FS2004