HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#16: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:08 pm
    ----
I just played with it more, and in combination with some other programs. The possibilities are endless.... Combined with FRAPS and Active Camera, you can do about anything you want. Just too bad you can't fly different planes in traffic mode.

#17: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
Just too bad you can't fly different planes in traffic mode.

??? If I think I understand you, I believe you can!

Go see the thread in the FS2004 section about the Mig-15 and my screenshots...yep, I used this tool for those!

They way I found it to work is, (and the readme helps describe the logic)....when you replay the recording as AI, the tool grabs the plane you are currrently in (whatever it is, and regardless of what you recorded the AI flight with originally) and makes a NEW AI plane of what you are flying at that moment.

So if I start a new flight in the P-38 Lightning, record it, save it, then switch to the Bf-109, then "replay as AI" the flight I recorded and saved, the AI plane won't be a Lightning, it will be what I am currently sitting in..a Bf109.

But then, I can switch MYSELF into the P-38, and I'm flying a P-38 against a Bf109. Or, I can just stay in the P-38, replay the recording as AI, and the P-38 shows up as the AI. THEN I can switch to the DC-3, and voila - I'm in a DC-3 flying with a P-38.

Confused yet? That's how it works for me, though.

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:48 pm
    ----
No, I get it. I realized that after I posted. That's even way coooler. Mr. Green

Here, if you wanna do a circuit with me at Tipella, in a Maule (or whatever makes you happy Smile ) :

Tipella Circuit

#19: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:42 pm
    ----
Speaking of flying, would love to get together with some of youse guys on FS9 for a flight sometime! We'll have to work something out. Weather here is BEAUTIFUL this weekend - and well deserved after 9 months of rain and clouds, may not get on until late at night, but definately sometime soon!

#20: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:08 pm
    ----
Maybe I'll be on a little later tonight, 'round 8 or 9 PM Eastern. We could do something then if you're available. Let's use the "training air racers" channel on TS.

#21: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:16 pm
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
No, I get it. I realized that after I posted. That's even way coooler. Mr. Green

Here, if you wanna do a circuit with me at Tipella, in a Maule (or whatever makes you happy Smile ) :

Tipella Circuit

Well I've been wondering how sharing recorded flights between ourselves will work well or not, so....okay!

Bellanca Scout with tundra wheels makes me happy, and it was a good morning for a little flight. How's this graby ya?

Man your Maule sure slows right down on final, and you made a nice SHORT field landing....getting ready for the bush, eh?? !:)

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:25 pm
    ----
Glad you liked it. Yeah, I think I used about 30 feet to land or something, I wish my instructor would have seen it, lol..

#23: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:19 pm
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
Glad you liked it. Yeah, I think I used about 30 feet to land or something, I wish my instructor would have seen it, lol..

And actually, now he can....because it's saved for posterity.... if he had FS9 and this freeware he could see it in person just like us...now is that frikkin' cool or what??!!

And that steep climbout, and short-field final approach works a lot better in formation with another Maule.....nice!!!

Can you tell from the pics that you and I have been flying together for almost four years now, buddy??

#24: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:53 pm
    ----
Almost four years.... unbelievable! What I can tell is that you used even less runway than I... show-off!

#25: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:30 pm
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
Almost four years.... unbelievable! What I can tell is that you used even less runway than I... show-off!

What...me? Show Off????

Actually I landed a tad longer (second from last pic, you're about 2 feet off the ground in the red Maule, and I'm higher and going to touch down past you). You taxied/rolled out past me is all, while I got on the brakes and came back around to your left side where I was trying to hold formation the whole time, so you stil hold the CBB7 Maule Short-Field-Landing Record... Laughing

Virtual cockpit view with 50% zoom-out seems to work best for this stuff. That was a kick!

Aww one thing I just ound out, the "Replay as AI" option doesn't seem to work for Helos (at least not for me, I get a crash). Probably becuase I think I read that FS9 doesn't suport rotary-wing AI flight. There was something in the Victoria Harbor scenery that allowed that but not normally.

On the almost-four-years thing.....yep, I agree, One of the last times you and I were in a hot CFS3 room, it also struck me (although yeah it was not exactly recently). There was a decent furball going on but you and I got caught way off a mile away in a corner by ourselves, with 4 Spits mixing it up with us. When it was over, there were just 2 Bf109's left in the air, and 4 collums of smoke coming from the ground....just like old times.

#26: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:03 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
aww one thing I just ound out, the "Replay as AI" option doesn't seem to work for Helos (at least not for me, I get a crash). Probably becuase I think I read that FS9 doesn't suport rotary-wing AI flight. There was something in the Victoria Harbor scenery that allowed that but not normally.

Ya, I've been sitting here trying to get the AI function to work with a recording of a helo and it just keeps crashing on me. Bummer!

#27: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
Heads Up!

Version 1.3 of this utility is now released and available for download.....it now supports playback of multiple recordings!!!!!

Here's a Parade Pass at da Pigsty for ya's!

Created by recording one single flight at a time. First a solo flight of the flight leader tooling around at 70% throttle, then recording 4 more flights in formation with each previous recording....then finally flying in formation with all 5 recorded flights played back at once!

#28: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:54 pm
    ----
Very cool indeed!! Thanks for the info Stoopy!

#29: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:05 pm
    ----
What an awesome picture there Stoopy! You should submit her in the screenshot comp.

#30: Re: HOLY MOLEY!!!!! What a GREAT FREE Utility for FS9!!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:07 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Here's a Parade Pass at da Pigsty for ya's!

Created by recording one single flight at a time. First a solo flight of the flight leader tooling around at 70% throttle, then recording 4 more flights in formation with each previous recording....then finally flying in formation with all 5 recorded flights played back at once!

Wow! The last time we had that many piggies at the Sty, we was all in helicopters!

Please to send me a full-size copy of that image!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum