Tweaks????
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Tweaks???? Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:12 am
    ----
Is there a tweak and tune guide available for IL2 similar to that for CFS3 on Com-Central? I am new to IL2 and need a little help

#2: Re: Tweaks???? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:59 am
    ----
I'm not an IL2/AEP/PF guru but do have it and from what I've seen, no such tweak guide is really needed. For one, there are far fewer things that can be done "under the hood" - and that's a GOOD thing!!! Because second, the program tends to run pretty well straight out of the box. Just a few things to set (resolution and display type, primarily) and that's it, as far as I've seen.

The CFS3 tweak guide came about due to the necessary evil of having to hammer and ducttape CFS3 into a livable, enjoyable state on a low-to-midrange system at the time. Nothing more than a collection of various tweaks that were published in seperate places at the time, and bringing all of them together along with really analysing the effectiveness of each in controlled tests seemed like the thing to do. IL2/PF thankfully neither allows nor needs such grueling work, it seems to require less in the way of system resources anyhoo, and I'd not wish the task of re-creating such a lengthy guide on my worst enemy!

Load & Enjoy.....

(oh...and none of the above is meant to infer "which is better". They're frikkin' combat flight sims so they both ROCK of their own accord).

#3: Re: Tweaks???? Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:38 am
    ----
www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm

#4: Re: Tweaks???? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:20 pm
    ----
Not so much a tweak to FB or PF but more to your hardware.

A few people, including myself, have found that reducing the latency on your graphics card improves performance...re, stutters or frame rates.

PCI Latency Tool v2.0 can't remember the web site...But someone will..:)

And...Welcome to Com-Central...Join us on Friday nights 8pm est for some friendly flying and advice.

#5: Re: Tweaks???? Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:42 pm
    ----
Thanks for the input fellas. BTW congrats on the new system Stoopy

#6: Re: Tweaks???? Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:04 pm
    ----
Heres the web site for that program

PCI Latency Tool v2.0

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters