OS help?
-> Hardware

#1: OS help? Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:38 pm
    ----
Does anyone know a place or website to get XP Pro (full version)
at a reasonable price?

#2: Re: OS help? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:45 pm
    ----
Probably the best way to buy XP Pro OS is when you buy other parts for your computer. Of course, it would be a 'plain Jane' OEM disk, but that's ok in my opinion as the price is about half of retail..:D

And Hiya StepChild, welcome to Com Central!

#3: Re: OS help? Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:20 pm
    ----
I really don't need any more hardware!!! ....unless, I go for another Gig of RAM. (pinch pinch) dreaming again. And I really don't want to go OEM with no support. I have pushed my "borrowed" XP Pro too far and crashed and burned. (a LITTLE knowledge is a dangerous thing) I really neeeeeed support and yes, I have learned about back-up. A day late and a dollar short, or 300 dollars short for the full version of XP Pro SP2. That is the best I have found so far. May have to just bite the bullet and go mainstream. YUK! Thanks for the input, I will wait another week to see if anyone else posts before I (gulp) trod the beaten path to Mr. Gates gilded door. BTW I am not new here {aka Raynman}, but thanks for the welcome anyway Bushwacker

#4: Re: OS help? Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:02 pm
    ----
Could this be what your looking for?

www.tigerdirect.com/ap...;CatId=306

#5: Re: OS help? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:45 pm
    ----
Hey Homie he doesnt want the OEM version since it has no tech support.

And I really don't want to go OEM with no support. I have pushed my "borrowed" XP Pro too far and crashed and burned.

This is the full version from there :
www.tigerdirect.com/ap...No=1104919

And just a bit cheaper here:
www.newegg.com/app/Sea...amp;DEPA=0

-> Hardware