A little quiz
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: A little quiz Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:55 pm
    ----
Hi all,

Here's a little test for you. A few of you with long memories will know the answer, so how long you want to let the guessing go on is up to you.

C

#2: Re: A little quiz Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:13 pm
    ----
SWAG: 20mm mount on an M114?

#3: Re: A little quiz Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:10 am
    ----
Hi Chuck! Hi Folks!

I know, I know!

That must be one of the very few vehicles that still has that turret and gun mount. I was under the impression that all of the XM-27 turrets had been stolen from all the 'Lingles' and used to build M-901 TUA vehicles.

Thanks for a great set of photos Chuck! Any chance you have some more photos of that great recon vehicle and it's gun mount?

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#4: Re: A little quiz Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:39 pm
    ----
Hi Doug, Roy, everyone,

I don't know why I bother to try to stump anyone here!

As requested, here is the whole thing. It sits in front of the 2/23IN HQ on North Fort Lewis. It's in average shape, but vandals have been hard on the periscopes and vision blocks. One of the top hatches was unlocked, so I was able to get "reach in" pics of the interior, which is pretty stripped. It looks like the basic engine is there, but I think a lot of bits aren't. I couldn't find a S/N on it anywhere.

Lots more if anyone is looking for something specific.

C

#5: Re: A little quiz Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:48 pm
    ----
Chuck...
Now you know how I feel when somebody posts a pic that others identify as a "M4A1(W)76" while I'm satified thinking "Sherman"! Sad

#6: Re: A little quiz Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:28 pm
    ----
Hi Chuck! Hi Folks!

SUPER!

Makes my day to see photos of a M114A2 'Lingle'.

THANK YOU! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board