FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!!
-> FS2004

#1: FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 am
    ----
Once again, fine work by the team of Michel Migaud, Jean Pierre Bourgeois, Jean Pierre Langer, Benoit Dubé, Marc Hardouin - the same folks who brought us that excellent Mig-15 a few weeks back!

Grumman F8F Bearcat in two liveries: one F8F-1B: serial 5172, personnal aircraft of CDT CAVAROZ, Indochina CAT-BI 1951, and one F8F-2 : code 98, US NAVY.

It's been a LONG TIME coming. Previous to this the only freeware FS9 Bearcat I knew of was a converted CFS2 model (not bad!) and the recently-freeware formerly-payware one from AlphaSim with a VC that has non-working gauges.....(they do have a F7F Tigercat if you're interested.... http://www.alphasim.co.uk/fwd.html

But THIS one blows 'em all away. Longtime fans of the Grumman "cat" family finally have the ultimate single piston-engine fighter aircraft available to them, the pinnacle of piston fighter technology....with a gorgeous VC and challenging flight characteristics......this is one HOT ship, as you'll find out the first few seconds that you crack the throttle open down the runway (use lots of right pedal and ease the power in gently to get her rolling while keeping the tail planted until the rudder has enough speed for authority - you DONT need full power to get her off the ground!)

Download link!

Click click click click hurry click -->http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004ac&DLID=87890

Super, but where's the pics?

Here!

DIG the authentic articulatin' gear mechanism-dealybob!!!
(plus it's got foldin' wings and a workin' tailhook for them carrier ops!)

Indochina VC:

US Navy VC:

Handles good on final.....

Sets down true like a champ!!!

Perfect plane for boring holes in the sky all day long.....a GeeBee R1 with guns!!

#2: Re: FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:52 am
    ----
I downloaded that but haven't got it installed yet Stoopy. Good to see someone else did the preview for me...lol

That team is getting better and better all the time... Wink

#3: Re: FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!! Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:35 am
    ----
While waiting on PROPS registration information, got this thing downloaded and flew around Meigs. Even landed it. Getting hooked on these power jobs.

Lazyeight

#4: Re: FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 am
    ----
Yes indeedy!

And speaking of PROPS, although we won't see this Bearcat in the racing class....notice I specified this plane as "the finest single-engine piston fighter"....because the P-38L was quite a plane also IMHO, and smart money may be on it in the next PROPS season... Wink

#5: Re: FINALLY a fine BEARCAT!!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:04 pm
    ----
Got it with all the paintjobs I could find at avsim Wink

Thankx for the HU Stoopy !

fled
Cool

-> FS2004