Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video. Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:14 pm
    ----
OK, armor fans ... watch this thing all the way through, then opine as to where the tank views were filmed. I first thought APG, but could someone get away with this at APG???

Geoff Walden

www.youtube.com/watch?...rch=hitler

(Don't know if this will work as a hyperlink - you might have to cut and paste into your browser's address line. If this doesn't go straight to the video called "Hitler's Back," scroll down the list on the right until you find that title.)[i]

#2: Re: Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:36 pm
    ----
Geoff,
I've taken the liberty of editting the title of your post a bit so as to avoid even the possibility of conveying the wrong message here. Hopefully it won't seem too "PC", but Com-Central has to be a little sensitive to these issues because of other aspects of it's focus....like axis-based combat flight simulator squads and some younger visitors.

I'm at work and can't actually view the video other than as advancing stills because our server won't "play" it, but it appears to be a spoofy music video and I don't want anybody to misinterpret your purpose (which is to focus on the armor). I'm familiar with your website (which I have visited frequently and admire) so I hope you'll understand that I'm just taking care not to permit any misimpressions to be created.

Thanks, and hope you understand...
D.

#3: Re: Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:39 pm
    ----
sure looks like Aberdeen to me, been there many times and the vehicles and treeline look right. Has to how they got away with it, no clue, APG surely wouldn't have knowing allowed such trash. my two cents

Jeff Lewis

#4: Re: Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:00 pm
    ----
It's Aberdeen. I'll bet it was done late one afternoon after the musuem closed (Probably a Saturday or Sunday). There is nothing to stop you from wandering around the tank park and shooting some video. If the security folks came by they might do something because of the swastika but I'm not sure. The outside exhibits are open until dusk. I hate to say it but I'm not even sure they could stop it. Poor taste doesn't mean illegal. Displaying a swastika is not against the law. They might hassle you but if you had someone to mumble 'freedom of speech, public area, etc' they might be forced to let you continue filming.

Hey the KKK had a rally at Antietam Battlefield a couple weeks or so ago and they are planning one for Gettysburg in the fall. The National Park Service can't stop them

#5: Re: Tanks and location (?) in a "Faux Hitler" video. Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:41 am
    ----
Doug,

No problem with the title editing - much better that way.

Geoff

- Doug_Kibbey
Geoff,
I've taken the liberty of editting the title of your post a bit so as to avoid even the possibility of conveying the wrong message here. Hopefully it won't seem too "PC", but Com-Central has to be a little sensitive to these issues because of other aspects of it's focus....like axis-based combat flight simulator squads and some younger visitors.

I'm at work and can't actually view the video other than as advancing stills because our server won't "play" it, but it appears to be a spoofy music video and I don't want anybody to misinterpret your purpose (which is to focus on the armor). I'm familiar with your website (which I have visited frequently and admire) so I hope you'll understand that I'm just taking care not to permit any misimpressions to be created.

Thanks, and hope you understand...
D.

-> AFV News Discussion Board