Did the site scare ya?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Did the site scare ya? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:31 pm
    ----
It did me when I see it was offline...lol

I called Tech Support and they said our server had 'bit the big one'. They had to put in brand new server so we're off and running with a shiney new one!

Just thought I would let all of you know...

#2: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:13 pm
    ----
Ahhh, brung back memories of the fabled "Zone-Fart".
Smile

#3: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: sweets PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:48 pm
    ----
well you know what I thought Bushy! Shocked thought I said something again that got me banned for like the hmm 3rd time Mr. Green anyway glad its back up! Wink

#4: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:57 pm
    ----
I was pissing myself...

#5: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:04 pm
    ----
I though...Oh no, Bushy's had another idea...LOL

#6: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm
    ----
ppppppfffffffffffwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

glad to see we are back up again!

fled
Cool

#7: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:02 pm
    ----
I was beginning to think it was a repeat of Transloads former problem. Sheess, that was close.

#8: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:15 pm
    ----
I thought you locked me out again

#9: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 pm
    ----
I thought uh......oh....fr8ycat had too many spirits and went on a rant.

#10: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
It did me when I see it was offline...lol

I called Tech Support and they said our server had 'bit the big one'. They had to put in brand new server so we're off and running with a shiney new one!

Just thought I would let all of you know...

My comment over in the AFVnews group just after lunch

I was starting to go into withdrawal. When I tried to check in from home last night the site couldn't be found, Then this morning at work the same thing!

I just got back from lunch and with trembling fingers and my last tortured breath I clicked on the bookmark

IT'S BACK

I can get my fix!!

heartbeat and respiration return to normal
Life is good Wink

Thanks to the tech support folks for the quick response and recovery.

#11: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:17 pm
    ----
Shocked Jeez! I'm out for a day or two and look at al the fun I miss! Mr. Green I'm just glad there was no permanent damage! <- for the techies!

#12: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:28 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone!

Yep, according to the provider, our server had some kind of hardware failure. To my great delight, they just installed a new server and put all new software in place instead of fixing the old one. The only thing they used from the old server was the backup files... Wink

Singing.... "I'm back in the saddle again, oh..."....lol

#13: Re: Did the site scare ya? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:10 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Super THANKS to all those who do the work so this site is possible!

Sgt, Scouts Out! Razz

-> Officer's Club