New computer...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
-> Hardware

#76: Re: New computer... Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:43 pm
    ----
Kit try downloading and running 3DMark06 and run a benchmark, you will know by the amount of tests ran and the results if your fully configured right or not with SLI, 3DMark06 is pretty brutal on vid cards,

i scored high against simlar systems straight outa the box with no tweaking, only to lower my scores by messing around adjusting stuff.

also i found the pre loaded vid card game profiles pretty handy to be using if your games supported......

i found that load ballance thingy runs even on any pre loaded profile i tried , pity theres not more options on that baby (or is there?)

as regards Temps my cards run 49c-48c one card usualy 1 degree higher (on idle)
and under load on say ghost recon advanced warfighters (one heavy loadin game) no more than 55c-56c .
with temps still running in the green i'm sure i could tweak these cards quite a way if i dared without addind water cooling etc..... but guess what! i aint gonna cause everything runs just fine lol. plus i aint shellin out for another pair if they grind to a halt....

#77: Re: New computer... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:09 am
    ----
Okey Dokey

Downloaded the Basic version of 3DMark06

Installed it and sisnce you can't alter any of the settings in the basic edition I just hit the TEST button.

Must say the graphics used during the tests are most impressive.

Anyhows, it came back with a benchmark of eight thousand four hundred and something (84??).

Anygood ??

#78: Re: New computer... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 am
    ----
sob!
Mine just about managed 500 and something in 3D06, before the sides of the case fell off in a cloud of effort!
It hasn't spoken to me in four months.

#79: Re: New computer... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:04 pm
    ----
- Shades
sob!
Mine just about managed 500 and something

Oh hell, I'd better re run the test to make sure it wasn't 800 and summat.

#80: Re: New computer... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:15 pm
    ----
lol naaa ur right.
Mine's 3 years old (3.0 P4, ATi 9800-XT).
Came in 3rd on BuildYourOwn's table at the time, but that wuz a while back and behind the 1st X800's in amd rigs. lolol

#81: Re: New computer... Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:06 pm
    ----
Hitman here a proggy made by OldMan...very good map maker and programmer...that makes NILE a lot easier to use. Not sure if you are aware of this but it might help.

s2.forumforfree.com/in...howtopic=5

#82: Re: New computer... Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:42 pm
    ----
Yeah Kit around 8k is just fine, everything seems honkey dorey, now go play some game n stuff!

#83: Re: New computer... Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:53 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Homfixr
Hitman here a proggy made by OldMan...very good map maker and programmer...that makes NILE a lot easier to use. Not sure if you are aware of this but it might help.

s2.forumforfree.com/in...howtopic=5

Hey Homey... I already use this program for editing WAC files.

#84: Re: New computer... Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:19 pm
    ----
Rgr that Hitman!

-> Hardware