"Winged Pilot"
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: "Winged Pilot" Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
S! All,

I have been a little on the learning how to fly again squad for about 2 weeks now. I fell a sleep in my computer chair one night and had the armrest pressing up against my upper arm. Well, when i woke up my hand and arm "felt" a sleep. I couldnt lift my hand nor open my fingers on my left hand. That happened on the 8th of July and I still cannot do it.

I went to Doc and he said I had pinched my Radial nerve which controls those functions. Shocked Great! now what?

He said it could take alot of time for it to heal, still seeing no progress i went back and I now have to go have an EMG of my left arm, hopefully no permanent damage was done. But main problem is i have the X-45! It's been quite a new learning experiance useing that rudder Laughing

But I'm still up on HL alot, good "therapy", at least thats what i tell my wife!

S! all, see ya around.

#2: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: sweets PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:32 pm
    ----
So Sorry to hear about ur arm _Senyu I wish you a speedy recovery Smile

#3: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Combat PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:44 pm
    ----
I hope you get well soon!

If that happened to me and I actually told my wife HOW it happened I'd be sleeping out in the shed for the winter...

lol

#4: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:39 pm
    ----
- 251_Senyu_IJN
I fell a sleep in my computer chair one night...

I often fall asleep at the computer and when waking up again have to carry my left arm about for a while till the feeling comes back...

I can't stop falling asleep so I'm in training to sleep sat up. Smile

Hope you recover soon Senyu son.

#5: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:28 am
    ----
OUCH!

That sucks Dude!! I sure hope all comes out ok... Smile

#6: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:06 am
    ----
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Senyu !

fled
Smile

#7: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:03 am
    ----
Thass nasty.
Good luck with it m8.

#8: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:23 pm
    ----
wow! i know 2 ppl who had the same problem, one lost his arm, he fell asleep drunk on sofa lying on his arm, they had to amputate within a few days due too massive nerve and vien dammage,
the other was asleep in armchair, his took over a year before full use was restored to it, for 3 months it hung kinda dead! hes fine now, so chances are it will repair itself slowly, seems this is a common enough thing and times the healer, so good luck with the healing process, man i'm gettin scared to fall asleep drunk anymore!

#9: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:51 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Banshee
man i'm gettin scared to fall asleep drunk anymore!

LOL Ban...

#10: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: jedster1Location: West of KEWB PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:46 pm
    ----
Especially at the wheel!!! Laughing

#11: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:25 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Banshee
wow! i know 2 ppl who had the same problem, one lost his arm, he fell asleep drunk on sofa lying on his arm, they had to amputate within a few days due too massive nerve and vien dammage,

the other was asleep in armchair, his took over a year before full use was restored to it, for 3 months it hung kinda dead!

If ever I end up in hospital Banshee, PLEASE don't come for a visit to try and cheer me up.

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#12: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:52 am
    ----
I had the same sort of damage to the nerve going to my right vocal cord! It took me the same amount of energy just to communicate as it would normally take to shout at the top of my lungs. Needles to say, it became a workout just to carry on a normal conversation. I went to a speciallist who told me that it may take as much as a year, and if it didn't heal she could put in an implant that would reduce the effort to speak. It actually took about 3 months to get about 90% back, then another 2 to get the rest. The operation where the damage occured was in May, and by October I was 100%.

This was about 6 years ago. Now I make my living talking on the phone!

#13: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:31 am
    ----
Wow Shocked

Seems more common than I thought! I feel a little better about it now (I think) I looked into it some more. The term that it is given is "Radial Arm Palsey" I go tomorrow for the EMG to find out the extent of damage or lack there of.

Only bad part is, walking around limp wristed Rolling Eyes

#14: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:56 am
    ----
Don't go to San Francisco that way Mark...lol

#15: Re: "Winged Pilot" Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:12 am
    ----
I had a paper cut once.

-> Officer's Club