WTF?!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:53 pm
    ----
Flip Wilson's "Geraldine" and boyfriend Killa' advocating that you "drink milk" and play pool while wearing bad platinum wigs, bowlers, and fencing/poopypants?!

Actually, it's musician(s) Gnarls Barkley. Word up. I swear. Somebody hum a few bars.....

#2: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:27 pm
    ----
If I remember the movie right, they're not exactly advocating healthy activity despite the milk.....and them ain't pool cues Laughing

"I'm singin' in the rain....
Juuuust sinnnnnnngin' in the raaaaiiinnnn..."

#3: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:38 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Flip Wilson's "Geraldine" and boyfriend Killa' advocating that you "drink milk" and [twirl canes/] while wearing bad platinum wigs, bowlers, and fencing/poopypants?!

Actually, it's musician(s) Gnarls Barkley. Word up. I swear. Somebody hum a few bars.....

Strike "pool cues" and insert "canes". It all becomes so much easier to appreciate their attire, once you realize that.... Laughing

My God...there was a movie?! Rolling Eyes

#4: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:09 am
    ----
What... you don't remember the Stanley Kubrick classic?? Just head on down to the Korova milkbar and get you some milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what you drink to sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Heck, even Bart's hip to that scene....

Hmmm......we might have to tape your eyelids open and force you to watch it over and over again in an effort to rehabilitate you for your own good...Fr8yact, where's the ductape and eye drops?? Better yet this sounds like a job for Torq......I know he'd appreciate the work.... Laughing

And look how happy it made this fella....

#5: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:22 am
    ----
Ascout confesses he has never seen "Clockwork". He is fatally embarrassed.

I may pull the thread just so as not to further expose my lack of couthiness.

(For those just tuning in, just click "back" and direct yourselves to the Mistel Diorama thread....)

#6: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:29 am
    ----
Heh! No need to be, you haven't missed much unless your teribly into disturbing movies done on the cheap! I've only seen it once and it was by pure chance, and somewhat out of curiousity, timing, and circumstance. Never had an urge to watch it again. I'd say your time was better spent on other interests, especially considering the era that it was in theaters and the other fairly enticing and savory pursuits available in the world at the time...I went through the whole 1980's without watching ANY television, just surf, chicks, work, surf, school, and surf pretty much in that order...I miss a TON of inside jokes ever since, talk about a social handicap sometimes!! My wife still can't believe I don't know what "The Love Boat" is or can't recognize the theme song.... Rolling Eyes

Just don't start anything about the movie "Eraserhead"......I have an interesting (and kinda funny) personal "WTF???!!" story about that one, best appreciated by anyone familiar with the movie....it's an early David Lynch film so nothing more needs to be said, except if you want to sleep at night without the zap being put on your head, then stay away from any movie with THIS guy in it...

and...this.....THING....

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:39 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Heh! No need to be, you haven't missed much unless your teribly into disturbing movies! I've only seen it once and it was by pure chance, and somewhat out of curiousity, timing, and circumstance. Never had an urge to watch it again. I'd say your time was better spent on other interests, especially considering the era that it was in theaters and the other fairly enticing and savory pursuits available in the world at the time...I went through the whole 1980's without watching ANY television, just work, school, and surf...talk about a social handicap sometimes!!

Just don't start anything about the movie "Eraserhead"......I have an interesting (and kinda funny) personal story about that one, best appreciated by anyone familiar with the movie....it's an early David Lynch film so nothing more needs to be said, except if you want to sleep at night without the zap being put on your head, then stay away from any movie with THIS guy in it...

Ascout regrets to say that he has seen that one. Shocked My funny story about it is that among a few good friends over dinner a few years ago, a very close buddy of mine started to describe what he found to be "the most disturbing, confusing and depressing film he'd ever seen". Without skipping a beat, I guessed "Eraserhead"?....just based on that brief description. After he got his jaw closed he exclaimed "RIGHT!".

I consider any of us who've seen it to be elegible for some kind of victim's assistance fund....

#8: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am
    ----
Yeeesh....right! Lemme ask ya this...when you saw it, were ya with someone else, or alone? Wink

#9: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:46 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Yeeesh....right! Lemme ask ya this...when you saw it, were ya with someone else, or alone? Wink

Back in '85 in Santa Fe...a roomie in a house we rented...guy (JG300-Stumpf, remember him?)...thank God it wasn't with a romantic interest....I'd still have sexual dysfunctions had that been the case.

Besides, watching with a buddy just let us each confirm that the other found it just as weird as we each ourself did.

#10: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:54 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
What... you don't remember the Stanley Kubrick classic?? Just head on down to the Korova milkbar and get you some milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what you drink to sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence...

I thought it prepared ya for a little of the old "in...out" Laughing

Talk about disturbing I saw this as a kid with my parents.

Just in case you were wondering where I got my warped sense of humor. Shocked

#11: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:57 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

Talk about disturbing I saw this as a kid with my parents.

Sounds to me like they were just trying to instill a little dicipline. Tough Love and all that....

Didn't work though, did it? Laughing

#12: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:15 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Back in '85 in Santa Fe...a roomie in a house we rented...guy (JG300-Stumpf, remember him?)...thank God it wasn't with a romantic interest....I'd still have sexual dysfunctions had that been the case.

Besides, watching with a buddy just let us each confirm that the other found it just as weird as we each ourself did.

Yeah, that's be the way to see it, for sure! AND HECK yeah I remember Stumpfy...cool!!!

My circumstance was remarkably similar except for one element, had a cheap apartment in the bad side of town with a roomie, both of us working our way through school. We had a TV we scored for free, and a VCR I got from my work as an emplyee award ("Shogun" brand..cheap bosses!) and no cable....think of our place as maybe half a level above the "Fabulous Furry Freak Bro.'s" and you got the picture. My roomie was a cool dude, still a good friend today, but kinda out there on the esoteric side, whereas I was a more conservative-yet-focused surf bum type with specific interests only.

I came home between jobs and classes one night and there's nobody home, my roomie had split with some friends and I had the pad to myself. So I grab a beer, and notice he'd rented a movie...this was a pretty rare occasion to have nothing to do, and an empty place with beer in the fridge to boot, so instead of hitting the books I made an exception and turned the TV on and popped the movie in, popped the cap on my bottle of Henry Weinhard's and settled in. Took a pull and the movie started...hey, kinda cool, it's in black and white, kinda a cool look and interesting photography.....the whole look got me pulled right into it (and remember, I didn't EVER watch any real TV - when we started dating, my wife almost broke up with me because I'd pick her up and she'd have the TV on and I'd just stare at it and almost ignore her....so just sitting in front of the tube was almost a mesmerizing thing for me in those days, like the stories you hear about people who've been away from civilization for years and then come back and keep flushing the toilet over and over because it's so fascinating ). Also keep in mind I was pretty bushed anyhoo.....

TWO HOURS later I'm sitting there looking at a bunch of static-snow on the TV, listening to the VCR automatically rewinding, with my jaw totally agape, wondering WTF, W in the F was THAT I just saw...looked down and I've still got half the original beer left, it's all warm and I've got a death grip on the bottle!! I think I sat there for at least another half hour not moving, getting my thoughts together about the whole schmiel. When I finally did get up, I almost threw my beer bottle through the TV just to make sure nothing like that ever came out of it again! Oh yeah, lastly, I was convinced I was splitting an apartment with a total nutcase...a week later my roomie asks me "Geez dude, what's been eating you?" - I didn't even realize it showed!

Weird thing is, it creeped me out so much I actually watched it about 20 times after that during the course of a couple years. I was PISSED that it had gotten to me so much, I was determined to figure out, like, the true meaning and message , man....actually I think I eventually did, at least to my own satisfaction, but still, what a total waste of time man...Lynch owes me some time!!

Years later when I heard there was a show called "Twin Peaks" by this guy I got into an argument with th'wifey because I was flat-out demanding we cancel our cable!! Laughing

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#13: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:35 am
    ----
...and then.....there was......

VIDEODROME!

(of course, Deborah Harry was still hot....)

#14: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:36 am
    ----
Never seen that one...we're even!?

#15: Re: WTF?! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:48 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Never seen that one...we're even!?

I think you'd like it, James Woods and Deborah Harry. Strange premise...check it out. Wink

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum