oh well...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> CFS3

#1: oh well... Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:14 pm
    ----
tried to reinstall but hit a snag....

CFS3 disk 2 is shot. get's to around 87% and craps out on the install. I forgot I used to use the (edit) fix-that-shall-not-be-mentioned after wearing out the disk.

shucks!
Sad

#2: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
There HAS to be a way to fix this!!! Dammit man, there've been too many good times in CFS3 with you!!!!

#3: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
Well, that's one threat-from-the-skies that we don't have to worry about now....maybe it'll be safe for me to fly near Tarbes now. Mr. Green

Oh, I also slightly modified your post a mite since it mentioned the big, bad you-know-what thing.... Wink

#4: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:30 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
There HAS to be a way to fix this!!! Dammit man, there've been too many good times in CFS3 with you!!!!

Sure, for you...you survived. Laughing

#5: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Oh, I also slightly modified your post a mite since it mentioned the big, bad you-know-what thing.... Wink

Nice recovery. Another reason 'bat needs to get this fixed and get in the air. He needs to be shot for mentioning that thingamajig in public...volunteers for the firing squad are forming up as we speak.... Laughing

Dang, you know I think Dell even lists CFS3 as an item on their website...ironic, huh?

Either way it can be had fer cheap these days......

#6: Re: oh well... Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
I also slightly modified your post a mite since it mentioned the big, bad you-know-what thing....

sorry about that! lol ...oooops!

#7: Re: oh well... Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:35 am
    ----
Combat, do you use Hamachi? If so, I maybe able to help.

#8: Re: oh well... Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:53 pm
    ----
Thanks Stepchild.

I got an organ donor who is helping me out! lol

I should have it installed by next weekend!

#9: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:37 pm
    ----
Wellsir?? How'd it work out???

Couldn't help but stick my snoot in here, an opportunity to kick up some dust between an Iron Mule and a Wild Sau (or two) sounds....quite savory......don't it??

Mr. Green Mr. Green

#10: Re: oh well... Author: Combat PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:35 am
    ----
Actually I'm still waiting for my special delivery. Either the USPS is acting up again or the special someone that is helping me out hasn't collected enough cash in bottle returns to afford the postage yet!!!! lol

....I will say that I am currently extremely hooked on IL2+AEP+PF+Pe (awesome visuals with my new rig) and have actually gotten CFS2 reinstalled and enjoying it quite a bit! Got every one of the AvHistory aircraft and am in screeny heaven!!! So nice to be flying regularly again! Can't wait to get in CFS3 again too!

#11: Re: oh well... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:47 am
    ----
On the same line of feelings, I just re-installed Cfs3 yesterday - I'm too nostalgic of old combat session to give up with them completely, and I've never been able to get the grip on IL2+blablabla.

Problem is - I forgot if there's one o more patches to it, that is, I'm unable to find where I put them, so I'm a bit at a loss; second problem, I'm evidently too rusty to be fit for combat... aren't there any online games planned, with little complications about the non-stock stuff?

Marco

#12: Re: oh well... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:15 pm
    ----
Rodion, see the Tweak & Tune guide, the updates are covered there with descriptions and a link.

The online aspect is VERY sparse these days (I hosted a room last night and saw about 20 people engaged in games when I started, however I did have a fairly full room soon after hosting). Everyone is using stock stuff, no complications.

However the NGNG set is something worth installing and using online IMHO....would LOVE to get a 100% game going!

#13: Re: oh well... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:27 pm
    ----
Thanks, Stoopy - going to check how to get updated!
Cool

Marco

#14: Re: oh well... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:08 am
    ----
I'm with you on the NGNG game Stoopy!

I hopped in for old times sake the other day and early evening, only 3 games running and about 14 people total?! Seems like a month or two ago there were still quite a few games running, but the two times I have been on 2-3 games tops! For shame.

Got the rust worked out a bit, jumped in head first in the ol one o' nine for some cannon blasting fun, still love the old bird. Fly her quite a bit in FS9 still. although moved onto heavier rigs these days. Play online FS9 a few times a week.

#15: Re: oh well... Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:51 pm
    ----
Ok.

3.1 and 3.1a patches: installed.
Config file: tweaked.
NGNG stuff: installed.

What's next?
Mr. Green
Marco

-> CFS3