website & php
-> Software

#1: website & php Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:56 pm
    ----
Okay, not sure where to post this soooooo....

Anyone into web-design who knows about php coding / scripting and can tell me a solution to my rather large problem? Please don't just tell me that I shouldn't have gone down this route, I knowwwwwwwwwwwww! lol

I'm building a website for a m8 (a freeby, we been best mates since we wuz 4 years old, and he's trying to start a business).
I put a really good site together for him, way more than I'm qualified to do but now I'm in way over my head.
I thought I had websites sussed when I started to understand HTML.
Since starting this project I've had to address CSS and XHTML as well.

However, now I tried to do something with php and I have no clue where to begin. I've bitten off more than I can shake an angry FW109 at.

I made a contact page (with css and xhtml) giving static information with e-mail addresses and phone numbers. But now I want to scrap that and make a dynamic contact page. I know I need php to do this but I have been trying to learn too much at once and now I have this stuff leaking out of my ears. Is there an easy way to learn php? or somewhere I can just get a pre-existing script to do it? (if there is, that would be the best solution for me as I just can't take any more onboard).

I just want a simple form that I can include on an existing page. Then his prospective clients can complete a few fields in it and submit it and the enquiry is mailed to his e-mail address from his server (I already checked and he does have server-side includes in his deal but I think this is more by good fortune than judgement. lol)

#2: Re: website & php Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:42 pm
    ----
www.hotscripts.com Wink

#3: Re: website & php Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:07 am
    ----
There are several great books available for PHP. If you have done any programing at all you won't find it hard to use.

You can also check here: www.phpbuilder.com/manual/
for a fairly complete manual.

You can also look here for some good info and a great editor
www.zend.com/php/index.php

#4: Re: website & php Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:04 am
    ----
- Shades
I've bitten off more than I can shake an angry FW109 at

either it's a Me-109 or a Fw-190
or are you still trying to make up yer mind about which one got ya ?

Twisted Evil

#5: Re: website & php Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:18 am
    ----
Thanks Dakota and yes, I have some of those books as well as in PDF format if anyone is interested... Wink

#6: Re: website & php Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
Thanks guys I'll have a look at 'em.

Think I'll be looking at hotscripts first though (I'm on ejumakayshun overload just now).

No experience at programming, which is my worry with php.

lol Fled, it musta been one of them ME-190's then;)

-> Software