Info, pics of early M88 sought for Pawel Mroczkowski...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Info, pics of early M88 sought for Pawel Mroczkowski... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:08 pm
    ----
Hi Guys,
I receive an email from Pawel Mroczkowski in Poland who apparently saw an image of the M88 I photographed in Hue, Vietnam last year (the gutted one) and he has a project in mind. As I only have 2-3 images of M88's total and I'm not authoritative on the type anyway, I thought maybe someone here could help with his request:

"I plan to build a M88 in 1/35 scale, with interior. The problem is, all the info one can get about M88 interior on th net is about the A1 variant, which has the newer air cleaners installed (from what I heard). I thought maybe You have fotos of the rear portion of the interior of the M88, from which I could figure out how the older filters looked like, then I could scratchbuild them.
Attached is a foto of my 1/35 model of a MUTT, which I built, maybe You'll like them. Thanks for Your time and have a nice weekend. I'll be online again on monday, 0900 zulu Smile "
Pawel Mroczkowski

There may be photos from the old AFV Interiors site, but I'm not comfortable using those even if I have them. Anybody got anything else?
Post them here...I'll email him the link to this site/page.

Doug

P.S. Speaking of the M88A1 (which isn't what he needs) there two pages of excellent interior detail shots on this page, for future reference:

www.primeportal.net/re...terior.htm

#2: Re: Info, pics of early M88 sought for Pawel Mroczkowski... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:27 am
    ----
Well, I just checked my saved files from AFV Interiors and it's all M88A1, so we'll just hafta' cross our fingers and hope someone maybe has access to an original 88 (if they weren't all upgraded) or has some old pics.

#3: Re: Info, pics of early M88 sought for Pawel Mroczkowski... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:15 am
    ----
Doug,
To bad I wasn't still at Ft Irwin. With the old crap they have there, I might have been able to find and get into an old A1 M88. Here at Hood, they have the new "Hercules" model and so forth but no A1 models that I know of, but I'll check out the museums. M88's are like the M106 Mortar carriers, everyone needed and wanted them, but no one will display one properly. There needs to be a museum for armor vehicles that are NOT tanks or varients there of! Take care and stay in touch.

#4: Re: Info, pics of early M88 sought for Pawel Mroczkowski... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:17 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Doug,
To bad I wasn't still at Ft Irwin. With the old crap they have there, I might have been able to find and get into an old A1 M88. Here at Hood, they have the new "Hercules" model and so forth but no A1 models that I know of, but I'll check out the museums. M88's are like the M106 Mortar carriers, everyone needed and wanted them, but no one will display one properly. There needs to be a museum for armor vehicles that are NOT tanks or varients there of! Take care and stay in touch.

Hi Jeff...good to have you back (be sure to PM me an new email when you have time)

Well, actually, we are looking for a PRE- A1 M88 for the pics...apparently a different aircleaner arrangement or sumthin'. All I know is what Pawel told me. At this point, I'm not optimistic. I suspect that M88 hulls were so valuable that any early ones were converted to A1's so unless we track down some early pics.....

-> AFV News Discussion Board