Identification Trivia Quiz & Help Needed
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Identification Trivia Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:59 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I love this picture, great action shot... It was in the Ordnance Museum's Panther II (the one now at the Patton Museum) file... Is this the Panther II by chance? Unfortunately sometimes the files have extraneous pictures, although this is a great one even if its not the Panther II.

Let me correct this, the picture was located in a file for a PzKpfw V Panther, with the handwritten notation "Model F" - although the file contains no pictures of a Panther Ausf F or even just an Ausf F Schmalturm turret. For some reason, which may actually still be valid, I assumed this referred to the Panther II that was originally shipped to APG, and then transferred to the Patton Museum...

It does contain this picture of an Ausf G, which appears to be the museum article in question...

Near as I can tell, this is the Ordnance Museum's Ausf G, although technically that has a seperate catalogue number, etc. Of course no one takes pictures of the left side because it is sectionalized, so its hard to be 100% certain without looking at it... But I am assuming this is a duplicate record/file for the same vehicle... Or quite possibly this is the Panther II file (I dont remember any Panther II pics in it though), with other extraneous Panther pictures (very typical).

Neil

#17: Re: Identification Trivia Quiz & Help Needed Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:30 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
What about the gun, isnt that a 95mm howitzer (in recoil perhaps?)? Or possibly a fake barrel?

yes its the world famous british 'lump of iron resembling a gun'

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board