"Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#61: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:52 pm
    ----
Another piece in the "Trees of Mystery" saga (sounds like a tourist trap in Northern California)....

Sounds like it's worthwhile to keep the trees in the download just in case then....? Fled, if you download Ascout's latest, which I think was as of last night after you retired for the evening, you should have trees with stock textires or with Envipak, I do since installing it. The new file is almost 10MB and has a later timestamp. And they stay local to the Phu Bai scenery folder so there's no worry about trees wandering around elsewhere.....

#62: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 am
    ----
@$%$^Completely forgot about those ones they are in there so long that I didn't think of those trees Mad

I probably have version X installed and while a was sleeping the day away version Y or even maybe Z got uploaded Laughing

Here some top view screenies taken from the same vantage point for comparison

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_26.jpg
with ComC-envi pack activated

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_25.jpg
with VOZ Northern Region activated

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_27.jpg
with Stock textures activated

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_28.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_29.jpg

Our virtual world seems to be OK again .. Wink

Thankx fella's !!

fled
Cool

#63: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:09 am
    ----
OK, Fled...that's a relief!

I confess, for this scenery, I favor the stock textures. Apart from the floating airport over what looks from altitude like "Sandals" or "Club Med", we also have roads going over, or into "Lake Chappaquidick"...and Ted Kennedy was otherwise occupied in 1969 so he can't make use of it. Laughing

Is it my imaginination, or does the circled area look like a 9-hole golf course on Maui?

Just kidding, what we see, of course, is how addons interacting can have unintended effects. I'm grateful for your having done this because we're learning a lot about the best setup for this sceneries' use.

#64: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:50 am
    ----
The Mesh that I have is that 5 Part SEA mesh from AVSIM. I have the hovering man with it on or off. I didn't notice the runway or C-130 hovering with it turned on. I kind of figured the Chinook was in flight. I also see all the personel on the ground with the helicopters, and on the ramp, as well as inside the terminal.

#65: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:08 pm
    ----
- RCAF_Wingnut
The Mesh that I have is that 5 Part SEA mesh from AVSIM. I have the hovering man with it on or off. I didn't notice the runway or C-130 hovering with it turned on. I kind of figured the Chinook was in flight. I also see all the personel on the ground with the helicopters, and on the ramp, as well as inside the terminal.

Wingnut,
As a matter of intel for me, would you land the stock Bell 206 on the tarmac between the C130 and the terminal, switch to "map view", and note your altitude (not off the gauges, but off "map view" display..accurate to within 1 foot)? Both with mesh on and off, please. This might tell me if something is setting your absolute altitude different from everyone else's.

Thanks!

If a couple of you other guys could do the same, it would make the data more meaningful. Wink

Another piece in the "Trees of Mystery" saga (sounds like a tourist trap in Northern California)....

Yeah, kind of....

I bet you'd be a real sucker over in Great Smokey Mountain Nat'l Forest... Mr. Green

#66: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:47 pm
    ----
Will do when I get home from work tonight.

#67: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:47 pm
    ----
Rolling Eyes

OK, before I open up another can of "worms" Laughing

Cleaned up my system and did some other odd things to it, so it runs "smooth" after looking around more, I tripped over this "bump" in the road to the radio station.
Pic's are with "SEA mesh" installed and with the mesh deactivated, you can clearly notice the "cut" from the topview when the mesh is activated and it's one line when the mesh is inactive

mesh DE-activated :

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_30.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_31.jpg

mesh activated :

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_32.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_33.jpg

As for the altitude indication next to the C-130 and the Chinook's :

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_34.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_35.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PB_36.jpg

With all screenie's I've provided a direct link to the full screen 1280x1024 32bit

Hope this helps you further Ascout

Keep up the fantastic work !

fled
Cool

#68: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:07 pm
    ----
Hi Fled...
Yessir, that's a big help, Thanks!

Yep, I know about the road and even have a disclaimer comment in the readme 'bout that. It's a function of the mesh and uneven ground, as you note and one I'm prepared to accept because:

1. There's no solution over rough ground.

2. It's a flight sim, not a driving sim. Unless you're cruising the road critically, it's not very noticeble. It gives orientation to the rest of the scene like the way over to QL-1 and the Radio Research Station and is there in real life. Here is that view out to the highway from the terminal today:

www.a101avn.org/PhuBaiTerm.jpg

It's longer in the scenery because I have moved the entire airport about 4 hundred meters east from actual location to accomodate the mesh. Prior to doing that, I had similar issues with the runway unless I used a heavy handed "flatten area" feature that elevated the airstrip area in an unsatisfactory way. In real life, the end of the runway is within about 200 meters of QL-1.

#69: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:37 pm
    ----
Laughing

- JG300-Ascout
It's a flight sim, not a driving sim. Unless you're cruising the road critically, it's not very noticeble

Well I happen to have a car or two that could drive up that road, I'll post pic's accordingly Wink

In the meantime I'll do some more flying around and "attacking" it from various angles to see if we come up with some more "interresting" items Wink

note to self : get that Skyraider prepped and loaded !

I'll report in later today

fled
Cool

#70: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:47 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Laughing

- JG300-Ascout
It's a flight sim, not a driving sim. Unless you're cruising the road critically, it's not very noticeble

Well I happen to have a car or two that could drive up that road, I'll post pic's accordingly Wink

In the meantime I'll do some more flying around and "attacking" it from various angles to see if we come up with some more "interresting" items Wink

note to self : get that Skyraider prepped and loaded !

I'll report in later today

fled
Cool

Just stay out of my parking spot...I've already been to the terminal in Lyon's Jaguar XK-120. Wink

#71: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:06 pm
    ----
Rolling Eyes
- JG300-Ascout
Just stay out of my parking spot...

erm............................................... you have a sign to tell wich one it is ?? Laughing

fled
Laughing

#72: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:22 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Rolling Eyes
- JG300-Ascout
Just stay out of my parking spot...

erm............................................... you have a sign to tell wich one it is ?? Laughing

fled
Laughing

To quote President Lyndon Johnson when he was once advised he was approaching the wrong helicopter on a military base and a young Marine pointed out that "that is your helicopter over there, Sir".....

"Son, they're all my helicopters."

You may park on the road side nearest the terminal. Wink

#73: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:29 pm
    ----
WOW !!

THANK YOU Sir !!

Now I have me own parking spot in front of the house !!

note to self : make bloody big sign to tell every A** to stay off it !

Laughing

Laughing

#74: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:13 pm
    ----
You Lucky Dog, Fled!!! The rest of us lackeys have to park out in the weeds on the other side of the field...

#75: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:20 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
You Lucky Dog, Fled!!! The rest of us lackeys have to park out in the weeds on the other side of the field...

Quit whining...I provided a 2½ ton cargo truck for the remote parking shuttle service. Rolling Eyes

-> FS2004