"Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#76: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:16 pm
    ----
Cool

btw, spotted at dusk, incoming friendly visitor from USS Intrepid Smile

www.com-central.net/us.../PBS_1.jpg
incoming at RWY 27

www.com-central.net/us.../PBS_2.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PBS_3.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PBS_4.jpg

www.com-central.net/us.../PBS_5.jpg

fled
Cool

#77: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
Looks great, Fled. How did that land for you, framerate-wise? I make that approach all the time with no difficulty and mine is NOT a cutting edge system. (I usually fly the AF or VNAF version, though).

Be careful, taxiways are not lighted there. Wink

#78: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 pm
    ----
Cool
Must admit that having all bell's and whistles turned up to the max, I still got around 10-15 fps wich I think isn't that bad at all.

Would be interresting to know, when we get a number of people online and than land as a group or when some allready are on the ground with helo's and aircraft mixed what it would do.

fled
Cool

#79: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:52 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Cool
Must admit that having all bell's and whistles turned up to the max, I still got around 10-15 fps wich I think isn't that bad at all.

Would be interresting to know, when we get a number of people online and than land as a group or when some allready are on the ground with helo's and aircraft mixed what it would do.

fled
Cool

10-15 is livable. I suggest turning weather to "clear" for MP, and compensating by flying early AM or late afternoon for nicer light. I don't run ALL the bells and whistles, but pretty high res. (and no AI for there).

#80: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:42 pm
    ----
Attention!

Effective 1635 Pacific time, there is a new Phu_Bai_Redux.zip uploaded...testers please get it and try out.

Unless I imagine it, I managed an improvement in framerates by substituting a few macros and taking a few out of the camp. I put the ridgeline back in as it did not affect my fps. I need to know if your frames improve in that critical east-to-west view across the north side helipad area.
I also better aligned the runway with the grassy bits...I cheated and the actual orientation is 89/269 degrees...don't tell anyone!

Didn't incorporate your trees yet, Fled, but I downloaded them.

Oh...mesh on or off, I sit at 53' altitude on the apron between the C130 and the terminal when in the stock Bell 206. Still need to hear from others on this, expecially Wingnut.

#81: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:24 pm
    ----
AYE AYE Sir !!

getting it now!

fled
Cool

#82: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:39 am
    ----
Here's my measurements, and I did them in the stock Bell 206,

in front of the Terminal - W/Mesh - 48.3'
WO/Mesh - 48.3'

@ C-130 ----------- W/Mesh - 48'
WO/Mesh - 48'

beside Runway ------- W/Mesh - 48'
WO/Mesh - 48'

on Runway --------- W/Mesh - 53'
WO/Mesh - 53'

So it looks like there is a difference but it is only where the runway and the plane/man on terminal are placed.

#83: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:17 am
    ----
Wingnut,
Well, that is just weird. I just took measurements on tarmac, grass, and runway....mesh on and mesh off.

53'. Period.

Did I understand you to say at one time that your runway also appears to float?

There is no "normal" accounting for a 5' difference in elevation between runway and other locations (especially regardless of mesh on/off)...unless someone else (and I could use another coupla' testers...) reports this, I have to conclude that either you have an addon that is interfering with normal function...or that you have some corrupt file within FS2004 (which might pretty much amount to the same thing).

There is a precedant for that assertion....back when I was testing "Eagle's Nest", Stoopy had some aberrations in the terrain that interfered with the scenery...no one else reported it. He had occasion to re-install his FS2004 program and the problem went away...it functions normally for him now. I gotta' think some similar dynamic is afflicting you, but have no idea what it is. The fact that all objects EXCEPT the ones not set at zero "elevation" (from whatever local ground level is...in this case, 53') are the man-on-terminal and the C-130 is telling. Conspicuously, this is what's not right for you (except I need clarification about the runway thing....).

STOOPY!, can you send Wingy a download URL that will get him the new version? (or I can try to email it, but it's now right at the upper limit of what my email should permit...10MB).

I NEED 2-3 MORE TESTERS....BUSHY! HANGY! SOMEBODY!

#84: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 am
    ----
-S-

VERY NICE PICS OF THE SANDY...!!!... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...we have to get togeather sometime on comms so you can teach me how to load a run like that...once again..very impressive work..!!.........

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#85: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:23 am
    ----
Sure thing Ascout, I'll be happy to get in on the action... Wink

Let me get all the required downloads installed...

#86: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:40 am
    ----
FYI I get 52.7 feet altitude when sitting on the ground in the OH-6 in slew mode and looking at top-down view - Map view rounds this to 53 feet of altitude. This is spot-on the same with mesh both on, and off - no difference.

Mesh on:

Mesh off: (and yes I restarted FS9)

#87: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am
    ----
Also, I'll attest to the fact that I did indeed have this happen to me before with a prior install of FS9. I had no other problems, but the fitment of a couple of very tight buildings in a crevasse was just not matching what everyone else was getting. It's as if FS9 kind of "wrinkles" the terrain differently on some systems, could be some difference with floating point calculations or what have you.

I didn't re-install to fix the problem since it didn't detract from enjoying the sim or scenery for me anyway. But after getting a new HD and doing a re-install, I was pleasantly surprised to notice it had gone away.

#88: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:15 pm
    ----
Cool

Did some more hopping around in a Bell 206 to check the ground levels at different spots, look for the fps indication and the ground level on each piccie

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_1.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_2.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_3.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_4.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_5.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_6.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_7.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_8.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_9.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_10.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_11.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_12.jpg

AND .............spotted a heavy boy heading out

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_13.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_14.jpg

www.com-central.net/us...BFb_15.jpg

fled
Cool

#89: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:27 pm
    ----
Fled,

1. Where did you see this?:

www.com-central.net/us...PBFb_9.jpg

2. Did you perceive any change in framerates...especially in the east-to-west experience?

3. Where did you get that C-130?! Freeware?

#90: Re: "Phu Bai Redux" is ready for testing.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 pm
    ----
Ascout,

1. this "piramid" is to the left in front of RWY 9

2. there is a noticable improvement in the average FPS on the whole, still some "heavy" spots, but as long you don't fiddle to much with views, I think it's OK

3. Captain Sim Legendary C-130 in USAF 70's colourscheme

4. I'll make a topview pic for the "piramid" with coords

fled
Cool

-> FS2004