This is for Roy!!!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: This is for Roy!!! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:49 pm
    ----

Roy, I believe you have a certain interest in these M114's is my mind remembers correctly. Didn't this vehicle have a certain "knickname" thats been used frequently on this DG?, I can't seem to remember it!

#2: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:41 am
    ----
Hi Jeff! Hi Folks!

OUTSTANDING!

Nothing I like better that to see some photos of a good looking 'LINGLE'!

The 4th ID has done a nice job on that M114.

For model builders please take note of the following items:

Surf board is missing.
The lower half of the arm for extending and retracting the surf board is disconnected from the top half and is laying sideways across the front slope.
The two bases for positioning the observer's machine gun mount are missing.
Antenna configuration is good for platoon leader's vehicle.
A section/squad leader vehicle would have an aux receiver antenna at the rear location.
An assistance squad leader vehicle would only have the primary R/T antenna at the front location.
At the rear, the left mud flap is missing.
Water Can - while I can not speak for all M-114 units most of the time, were I was, we put the water can inside the vehicle. Carrying in on the rear of the hull like that resulted in a can that was covered in dirt or mud.

One point for the musuem staff Jeff. M-114s used towing clevies, not towing shackles like the M-113 FOVs does.

Thanks for the photos Jeff!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#3: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
I was recently at the Kenosha Military Museum in Wisconsin. There were probably 6-8 M114s in various states of repair there. I just got back home last night, so I can upload pics later today if anyone is interested.

#4: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:09 am
    ----
Hi Hellfish 6! Hi Folks!

- Hellfish6
I was recently at the Kenosha Military Museum in Wisconsin. There were probably 6-8 M114s in various states of repair there. I just got back home last night, so I can upload pics later today....

if anyone is interested.

INTERESTED? In the GREATEST RECON Vehicle ever fielded?

You bet your bippy! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Any chance you were able to get some interior shots? That one area that so far no one has be able to post.

Thanks!
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#5: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
If things ever settle down at work I want to stop by the local NG armory and ask if they can unlock the one they have out front so I can shoot some pictures. I figure I may have to have them call up to Aberdeen to prove I'm a safe 'nut'

#6: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:38 am
    ----
Roy, I'm pretty busy here for the time being, and have yet to meet the museum director or anyone else for that reason, but when I do, my first request will be to get inside the "Lingle", aka M114. So when are you getting over this way from your El Paso digs?

#7: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:15 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Any chance you were able to get some interior shots? That one area that so far no one has be able to post.

Patience, weedhopper. Give me a couple days to get settled back from WA, and I'll have a nice surprise for you. Cool

Chuck

#8: Re: This is for Roy!!! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 am
    ----
Hi Jeff! Hi Folks!

- SFC_Jeff_Button

So when are you getting over this way from your El Paso digs?

We plan our leave schedule for the year during January. I am guessing maybe sometime next year, if you have not been deployed.

Thanks for the offer and hope to take you up on it.
Sgt, Scouts

-> AFV News Discussion Board