Re: T28 Photos
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:33 am
    ----
"ERDL also is an acronym for, I believe, Experimental Research and Design Laboratory"

U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Laboratory (per "U.S. Army Uniforms of the Vietnam War" by Shelby Stanton). I'd also like to see more T28 photos!

Alan

#17: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 am
    ----
- Cloudy
"ERDL also is an acronym for, I believe, Experimental Research and Design Laboratory"

U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Laboratory (per "U.S. Army Uniforms of the Vietnam War" by Shelby Stanton). I'd also like to see more T28 photos!

Alan

Thanks, "Experimental Research" does seem a little redundant. Funny, but that term today, when applied to uniforms, seems pretty much limited to militaria collector websites. In practice, we usually called it "leaf pattern", but probably mainly to distinguish it from "Tiger Stripe".

Haven't seen the book you mention, but I did see a ~$50 coffee table book on Tiger Stripes at a gunshow last year (and they weren't even "issue"). I almost got it to try to track mine down since they still have Asian labels in them, but that seemed extravagent.

#18: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:41 am
    ----
- Cloudy
" I'd also like to see more T28 photos!

Alan

Here are some photos of the T28 at Fort Knox:

cn

#19: Re: T28 Photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 pm
    ----
Courtesy of the Davis Library, Patton Museum:

#20: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:07 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Cloudy

Alan

Thanks, "Experimental Research" does seem a little redundant. Funny, but that term today, when applied to uniforms, seems pretty much limited to militaria collector websites. In practice, we usually called it "leaf pattern", but probably mainly to distinguish it from "Tiger Stripe".

Haven't seen the book you mention, but I did see a ~$50 coffee table book on Tiger Stripes at a gunshow last year (and they weren't even "issue"). I almost got it to try to track mine down since they still have Asian labels in them, but that seemed extravagent.

It's a decent and inexpensive overview of US Army gear for the times that you find personal gear at the surplus store and wonder what in the heck it is. It does show a picture of the "what were they thinking?" tropical tricorne hat of the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry which is worth the price of admission... Thanks for the T28 photo - I haven't seen it before.

#21: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 am
    ----
[quote="Cloudy"]
- Doug_Kibbey
- Cloudy

Alan

Thanks, "Experimental Research" does seem a little redundant.
It's a decent and inexpensive overview of US Army gear for the times that you find personal gear at the surplus store and wonder what in the heck it is. It does show a picture of the "what were they thinking?" tropical tricorne hat of the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry which is worth the price of admission... Thanks for the T28 photo - I haven't seen it before.

Heres a blueprint image.... Mr. Green

[img][/img]

Don

#22: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:36 am
    ----
- Cloudy

Thanks...I did find a website established for much the same purpose...lots of pics. "Vietnamgear.com" or something like that.

The book I was thinking of is "Tiger Patterns"...and it's $69.00!

You gotta' really be obsessed with Tiger Stripes to shell that out. And we thought we were being obsessive with Hunnicutt pubs!

#23: Re: Re: T28 Photos Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:05 am
    ----
Don, Do you have any more scans of the T28 from that blueprint stash? They'd be much appreciated.

"The book I was thinking of is "Tiger Patterns"...and it's $69.00!"
Yikes! Perhaps if it were about Tiger II camouflage patterns...

Alan

-> AFV News Discussion Board