CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics...
-> Officer's Club

#1: CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:26 am
    ----

Here is a "Skycrane" straight from the 1st Cav Museum at Ft Hood, Texas. It has been quite a while since me or my son, (Jeffrey) have posted here, (we're usually over at AFV News) but we moved from Ft Irwin, CA to here in the last few months and things have been really hectic. My son, (Morgan) and I were at the 1st Cav and 4th ID museums today and I took pictures of 8 different aircraft at the 1st Cav museum alone with their information boards as well. I hope to post them on here soon as well as an F111 I photographed and an AH-1 thats in the town square of Killeen, Texas. Enjoy!

By the way, Moragns 55lbs didn't effect the lift hook.

#2: Re: CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics... Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:22 am
    ----
That has got to be one of my favorite aircraft ever. I'm not into the glamour or the fame. I'm into the stuff that makes it happen. Thats why I'm not to big of a fan of the P-51 series. Nothing against it but it's just not for me...

#3: Re: CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics... Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 pm
    ----
Man, everytime I see one of those, I'm amazed that it actually flies. Weight and balance much be a real bitch on that thing....

#4: Re: CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics... Author: Sabre45Location: West Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:20 pm
    ----
Hi!

Nice photos, thanks Jeff!

Tarhe? (Isn't that what the humans are called on Star Gate 1?)

When did the CH-54 pick up that name? The only name I ever remember hearing was 'Skycrane'. Was that just a nickname?

Confused

#5: Re: CH-54 Tarhe "Skycrane" pics... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:06 pm
    ----
- Sabre45
Hi!

Nice photos, thanks Jeff!

Tarhe? (Isn't that what the humans are called on Star Gate 1?)

When did the CH-54 pick up that name? The only name I ever remember hearing was 'Skycrane'. Was that just a nickname?

Confused

Tarhe was the official Army designation...named after Chief Tarhe, a Wyandot member...this differed from most helicopters being named after tribes themselves....Iroquois, Sioux, Commanche, Apache, etc.

-> Officer's Club