2nd Armor Div history plaque...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 2nd Armor Div history plaque... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:39 am
    ----
I found this plaque standing in the middle of the 4th ID museum area. I found it interesting and thought you all might as well.

#2: Re: 2nd Armor Div history plaque... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:04 am
    ----
Hi Jeff! Hi Folks!

If I remember right, the 2nd AD was Gen Patton's first Division level command. One of the things he did was move the division patch from the shoulder and put it over the U.S. Army tag about the left front pocket. That way everyone could see that someone from the 2nd AD was coming at them. From time to time the current Division Commander would move the patch back to the front of the field uniform and then the next commander would move the patch back to the shoulder.

It is sad that the 2nd AD is no longer active.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: 2nd Armor Div history plaque... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:24 am
    ----
It's sad that many units are no longer in existance. With more units, we wouldn't have soldiers doing 2,3, and 4 tours overseas in combat zones. Not to mention that once a unit is gone, eventually people start to forget about its history and lineage with time.
As for the patch movement, I prefer the shoulder.

-> AFV News Discussion Board