Anyone remember this poster?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone remember this poster? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:27 am
    ----
Can anyone point out what's wrong with it?

Neil

#2: Re: Anyone remember this poster? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:09 pm
    ----
Besides the spelling of Abrams?
(The possesive form of Abram instead of Abrams)

Also should it be 's on Tomorrows? and isn't it today not To-day?

I guess they cut the budget on proofreaders

#3: Re: Anyone remember this poster? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 pm
    ----
"Yesterday's products today...and at the prices of tomorrow!"

(and since when is "today" hyphenated?)

I like the extra 'chine gun!

#4: Re: Anyone remember this poster? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:22 pm
    ----
Yeah, you got it - although I hadnt even noticed the "to-day" bit... Yeah, this poster doesnt seem to have gone through much proofreading before it went to the printers. And this isnt the only one, I bought one off Ebay a few months ago.

Neil

#5: Re: Anyone remember this poster? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:18 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
"Yesterday's products today...and at the prices of tomorrow!"

(and since when is "today" hyphenated?)

I like the extra 'chine gun!
I had an old 8th grade language arts teacher. She always spelled today as to-day. She was very old school even in 1977-78.

I do remember the poster. My ROTC detachment had one in the student lounge. I remember someone drawing the Chrysler automobile symbol on the front of the tank since they were the original producers of the tank.

#6: Re: Anyone remember this poster? Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:54 pm
    ----
Well, that's a PV, and the PVs didn't go into production ... I guess this is nit-picking.

Geoff Walden

-> AFV News Discussion Board