Flight simulator X demo available for download
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> FSX

#1: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:10 am
    ----
Microsoft Game Studios has released a playable demo for Flight Simulator X, allowing you to try out the game in the works at ACES studio and due to ship in October 2006 (thanks: GameSpot). Fully optimized for Windows Vista, the next operating system from Microsoft, Flight Simulator X will feature 24,000 airports located on every continent, and new aircraft, from classic seaplanes like the de Havilland Beaver and Grumman Goose to the Cessna 172.

read about it here fs X

it's 636mb

#2: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:23 am
    ----
Wow, Hit, thanks for the heads up - getting it now Smile
I hope it will run decently on my rig Mr. Green

Marco

#3: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 am
    ----
Great find!! Thanks for the heads up Hit...

#4: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:44 am
    ----
Kewlness!!!!!

Got home from the airport last night to read this, kicked off the download and hit the sack.....woke up this morning to see.....nothing! Trying it again, dadburnit!

#5: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:58 am
    ----
Just a quickie test drive for now....screenies came out darker than expected, will have to work on that., For now I sez,

OH, HELL YEAH!!!!

#6: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:00 pm
    ----
Dangit' Stoopy, now I can't wait to get home and try it out...lol

#7: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:23 pm
    ----
HeeHeeeHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE ABUSE BEGIN!!!!!

Low-Level inverted pass test (what else wouldya expect?!!)

Dang boats don't unnerstand nautical right-of-way rules!!!!

And who needs floats??? I got'yer floats hangin' right here....

As for the question of importing existing A/C....FYI the Long Island Classics "Super Deke" for FS9 imported right over, no modifications needed, excpet the gaugues are missing of course, since the demo didn't include the ones this plane uses. Not that guages are needed in it since it's purely a seat-of-the-pants airplane. No smoke effect either since that has to be seen if it can be copied over too, but small matter I believe!

Results on other A/C will undoubtedly vary. The Pigsty BF-109 will be next later tonight, and then we'll see if that B-58 Hustler can stir up some wake effects on that glassy water at Mach 2.2!!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

#8: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Dangit' Stoopy, now I can't wait to get home and try it out...lol

G'luck! Oh yeah and that new Beaver is the cat's @$$!!!!!!

Man, this woulda been a good day to call in "sick"....(cough cough).....

#9: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:25 pm
    ----
Thankx for the HU Hit !!

alternative link for download for the demo => www.flightsim.com/cgi/...xframe.htm

fled
Cool

#10: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: sweets PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:52 pm
    ----
Yes!!! thank you I have been waiting for this..knew it was going to be cool

#11: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:54 pm
    ----
I dled it just to find out I can't run it because I don't have SP2 installed and I can't install SP2, it won't run on my machine at all so you guys are going to have to provide me with plenty of pics!

#12: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
Will do, Hangy.....place your requests on what ya wanna see!

SP2 won't run on your rig huh? Dang!

#13: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Hangman PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:41 pm
    ----
nope..believe it or not I even spoke with MS about it and they said it was not designed for home built pc's like mine..just causes crashes cause it can't identify the components or something..really weird..lol..hopefully by the end of this year or early next I'll be ordering a custom rig so I'll be hooked up...

someone take some shots with altitude, I wanna see if the sky/scenery has changed much, and grab a sunset while your at it please..

#14: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:19 am
    ----
Will do Hangy, I'm just having WAY too much fun at low-level right now. Will get ya something next time I fire it up.

BTW, on screenshots....I forgot there is CFS3 technology under the hood, which means of course it has it's own screenshot capture function and a key assosciation (which ideally is mapped to a joystck button). That solves the dark screenshot problem that I seem to have experienced with MGRAB.

Fr8ycat, we got just a little work to do (about time eh?)..... Laughing

#15: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:46 pm
    ----
Stoopy, Looks cool. I like what I'm seeing with the water textures.

Really all there is to do is the float textures on that "6" right? Don't think anything else on that model changed (civy) with the exception of the addition of the floats.

If there's anything you need from me to help get it done let me know.

BTW: your first set of pics would have gotten some nice scores in the screenshot contest Wink

-> FSX