"Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads
-> FS2004

#1: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:09 pm
    ----
It's done. Just sent to uploads at the only places I intend to send it....Com-Central and Hovercontrol. (I don't wanna' see it anywhere else, neither!)

Admins, please check that the upload proceeded normally. I have no experience with 'PAD' files and didn't use it...just uploaded from my comp. (it's also in the JG300 garage on the FTP server).

I attached one pic that can be downsized for a thumbnail. Advise if anything else is needed (I included a description).

Many thanks to Al Simms, Stoopy, Fled, Fr8ycat, Wingy, Bushy and a bunch of others in the credits for all their help in making this happen. Of course, it's right on the sunset of FS9, so fingers crossed that it'll be compatible with the next generation. If it needs anything, I'll do it to make it so.

Have fun, I know I've enjoyed flying it (for the last three years!).

#2: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:32 pm
    ----
Wow - it really is a landmark event when you come to think about it!!!!

I think FS9 will be around for a good long while yet anyways. I'll be a-fetchin' this!!!

#3: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:11 am
    ----
Installed it and all I have to say is WOW. Obviously lots of relocation went on and the new revetments are incredibly noticeable, what an improvement (not that the old ones were bad). Just a ton of work shows.

Congratulations, bud. This has been a very long personal project for you (much longer than the trails you read here, folks!) and the readme goes a long way in explaining what it really means. Job very well done, this day's been a long time coming!

Congrats again and THANK YOU!

#4: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to upl Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:14 am
    ----
Will also mention that I noticed some FPS improvement from the revamping effort - and HATS OFF to Fled on a GREAT job on the AFCAD file!!!! The new startup positions are EXCELLENT.

Had a great time flying around tonight. Very enjoyable, and a neat experience to hover-taxi to a revetment, line up and set it down, and shut down with everyone lined up.

#5: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to upl Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:18 am
    ----
Thanks Stoopy!
Say, what are those dashed lines I see running down the tarmac in your overflight? I certainly don't see those and they're too narrow to be remnants of the old runway.

#6: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:23 am
    ----
I dunno, I get those sometimes, rarely. I think the cropping/resizing makes them more visible than they really are. Nothing there to worry over.

REALLY!

#7: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:17 am
    ----
Pics look awesome! Look forward to checking out the final product.

#8: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:31 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Pics look awesome! Look forward to checking out the final product.

It's on the server as well, if ya' can't wait. Wink

#9: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:59 am
    ----
I'm uploading this to the main CC server and it should be ready for 'public consumption' soon...:D

BTW, great job everyone. I noticed a big improvment on frames with this release and in some cases a 100% increase... Wink

#10: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm
    ----
Cool Cool Cool Cool

Great !!

fled

#11: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to upl Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:42 pm
    ----
Stoopy,
How's about leavin' 'dem screenies up for a while....I wanna' steal some of your bandwidth for promotional porpoises....?

Muchos danke!

#12: Re: "Phu Bai Redux": Hue/Phu Bai, Vietnam '69-71 sent to uploads Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 pm
    ----
No problemo, man,,,,mis cuadros son sus cuadros!

-> FS2004