Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:23 pm
    ----
Seems pretty good to me. I mean of course the subject matter could easily be a full-sized Hunnicutt book, but barring that I found it pretty comprehensive - especially all the different IS-2 hull shapes...

Neil

#32: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:41 pm
    ----
Hi DoUg! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Now I just need to have a word with Roy about that "Dong" thing)

DoNg? What DoNg? I don't see no DoNg! Wink

Sorry about that DoUg! In addition to my normal can't spell, can't proof read, and half a sleep from working the midnight shift, I was very busy and was rushing to make that post. Post! What Post? There is NO POST with the name DoNg in it!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#33: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:11 pm
    ----
i have been watching all of this,
just out of my own ignorance, how many books are there all together george?
shawn

#34: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:19 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
i have been watching all of this,
just out of my own ignorance, how many books are there all together george?
shawn

I think it's ten...(counts fingers)

Pershing, Stuart, Sherman, Patton, Sheridan, Abrams, Firepower, Half-track, Armored Car, Bradley.

Whutamahmissin'?

#35: Re: Full Collection... 10 in all... Author: George_BradfordLocation: Cambridge, Ontario PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:01 am
    ----
Hi Guys;

Yup, you got it right. Ten books in his series.

GB

#36: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:47 am
    ----
george, i will bid $5 a piece.
shawn

#37: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:41 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Maple Leaf,
Two questons:

1. Is that U.S. or Canadian $'s? I want to make a counter bid, but I don't want to overpay.

2. What's a "shovelling"?

D.

That would be in the $ with Her Majesty on the $20 bills. As opposed to Canadian Tire coupon money which has paper 1 cent denominations (but that is another story).

And, the offer would have been for a 'snow' shovelling. I know George is more advanced in years than me, so the considerate thing would be to help clear the latest blizzard off his front sidewalk so he wouldn't break his neck skipping down to the bank to cash the royalty cheque from the internet company. The one they send him for having such a popular internet website.

There's money to be made on the internet, ya know? Without any of that perverted stuff somebody had to mention - sheesh!

#38: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:05 am
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
And, the offer would have been for a 'snow' shovelling.

Well, now that I know there's work involved, I'm gonna' pass on the next bid. Shovels don't fit my hand anymore so I gotta' let this offer go. Wink

#39: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:25 am
    ----
I say hold a raffle!!! Then I might have a chance. How much for a ticket?

#40: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:31 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Well, now that I know there's work involved, I'm gonna' pass on the next bid. Shovels don't fit my hand anymore so I gotta' let this offer go. Wink

That's why I haven't jumped in. That's also why the wife and I moved to El Paso, Texas after I retired from the Army. It's doesn't snow here. Razz Razz It's also doesn't rain here either!

Besides, I only need the Patton and Abrams books. Would hate to break up a complete set just to get two of them.

George, don't take anything that is less than the weight of a M-1A2 Sep tank! Twisted Evil
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#41: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:48 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
I know George is more advanced in years than me, so the considerate thing would be to help clear the latest blizzard off his front sidewalk so he wouldn't break his neck skipping down to the bank to cash the royalty cheque from the internet company. The one they send him for having such a popular internet website.

There's money to be made on the internet, ya know?

George gets checks?! Lucky stiff....we are continually burdened at Com-Central with the voluminous, unwieldy and burdensome donations that show up as bags o' cash and space is getting to be a problem. Manpower, too, as between restocks of the C-C wine cellar and turning bottles of Brunello di Montalcino, supervising the remodelling crew and marble stone-cutters, and tedious selection processes for the weeks armor groupies (which have gotten so out of hand we even lend some to the wingy-thing guys) we scarcely have time to joyride in our collection of restored armored vehicles anymore.

Checks...just imagine, no counting, packaging, and transporting down to the bank....just a deposit slip and a stopover on the way home at night. Those Canadians are so spoiled....

#42: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:59 pm
    ----
If only we could send George money for AFV News on this website Wink

Sorry, couldnt resist...

Neil

#43: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:24 pm
    ----
what is it like to live in your world doug?

if you are like me, and have the same over abundance of cash laying around problem, you just put in your own vault on the lower end of the west wing. i know you have that bowling lane and guest pool down there but i think you could easily fit it in, no problem. i got a buddy who can hook you up, call my people and we will have lunch. you dont have an aversive to explosives and cheap labor do you?

#44: Re: Full Collection... all signed by Hunnicutt himself... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
what is it like to live in your world doug?

if you are like me, and have the same over abundance of cash laying around problem, you just put in your own vault on the lower end of the west wing. i know you have that bowling lane and guest pool down there but i think you could easily fit it in, no problem. i got a buddy who can hook you up, call my people and we will have lunch. you dont have an aversive to explosives and cheap labor do you?

Terrible. I'm crushed beneath the burden of awesome responsibilities Rolling Eyes .

-> AFV News Discussion Board