NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:01 am
    ----
This is NEMO the single-barrel equivalent and compliment to AMOS the twin-barreled beast!

1,500 kilo turret weight, loading electromechanical, 7 rounds-per-minute continuous rate of fire, 10 rounds maximum rate, MRSI 6 rounds..........direct fire capability...........

Regards,

BUG

Last edited by buglerbilly on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 am
    ----
AMOS, a Finnish Army Production version from the recent order...........

Compliments to Mortars-in-Miniature and Vesa Toivonen for the images...........it sure is a wicked looking Weapons System!

Regards,

BUG

#3: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:06 pm
    ----
Amos is a great system. Too bad the US will never buy it.

#4: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
It sure is a pity as I personally think the 120mm mortars in a turret have more relevance to the current conflicts than 105mm MGS.............for the STRYKER Brigades at least.............

Regards,

BUG

#5: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:40 pm
    ----
You're right. Or hell, even as a possible replacement for the M1024 - plopping an AMOS turret on a Bradley chassis would be a great thing, IMHO.

#6: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:14 pm
    ----
C'mon, you know it's gonna' happen! Rolling Eyes

#7: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 pm
    ----
Now here's a new one for you, NEMO on a BvS10! It's a mocked up image almost certainly but one can see the direction and possibilities that PATRIA are going................

Image via my mate Dennis in Germany...........I know a Royal Marine or two in the UK who are going to cartwheels when they see this! Wink

Regards,

BUG

#8: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:00 am
    ----
All the pictures look "mocked-up" to me. But I am in "Lust" with that single barrel model. Sure beats the heck out of the M106A2 and M1064A2 and A3's I've worked on! The M1064's would be more manuverable in the woodline, which is where Mortars like to fire from to hide from air assests on the cold-war era. The wheeled version you have here would be greta for todays open desert and built-up situations, but pivot-steer is a great thing in tight spots.

#9: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:58 am
    ----
All the pictures look "mocked-up" to me.

The clean lines might give that impression but the top unit on the AMV 8x8 was also at Eurosatory 2006 - Neil B might be able to confirm IF they had it "open to view".............certainly I'll post an image purported to be from the Firing Trials ...........

The following is another approach: -

Finnish Allutech Jurmo LCA (Landing Craft Assault).

Brings a whole NEW meaning to littoral & riverine warfare!

Regards,

BUG

#10: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:32 am
    ----

'Copyright © deagel.com'

Turret close-up from Eurosatory 2006............

#11: Re: NEMO, a new 120mm turreted mortar Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:00 am
    ----
Now thats what I call a duck hunting boat!!! No Geese can fly high enough.

-> AFV News Discussion Board