Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
Just posted a few more photos at Photobucket.com under "ldshrecceboy"
of our Leo's fitted with Mine Plows and Blade. Toadman they are all yours....:)

#2: Re: Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade Author: Jason_Bobrowich PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:40 pm
    ----
Thanks for posting the images....keep 'em coming.

#3: Re: Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:27 am
    ----
i87.photobucket.com/al...0_0428.jpg "Kit check"

Reminds me of a story my old colleague Ron used to tell. He was a Medic with the 8CH "Crazy Eights" in Germany. The squadrons were all lined up and the stores were all laid out for yet another Brigade Commander's Annual Inspection. Seen one layout, seen them all dozen; the two hundredth got very tedious. So there is Ron standing at attention in front of his ambulance truck, with all the army kit laid out.

The OC, SSM, CO, RSM, Brigade Commander and Brigade RSM are slowly making their way down the rows. The General looks down the line and spots Ron and starts running, pointing his finger, shouting, "You! You're the bastard who stole my bicycle!" No one knows what is going on, but they trail along behind. The RSM must have been self-dictating the charge report, gotch now Rosetti!

The General pulls up and holds out his hand. "Howya doin'? Haven't seen you since the Nijmegan Marches! Every thing OK?' And they have a happy chat.

The General turns to the staff and tells how after the day of The Nijmegan Marches, how he had been "overly refreshed" and left his bicycle at one hospitality tent or another. Ron had recognized it and put in his ambulance until they got back to base. Ron, was golden for weeks afterwards - until he got caught doing something else.

#4: Re: Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:49 am
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/ldshrecceboy/100_0428.jpg "Kit check"

Reminds me of a story my old colleague Ron used to tell. He was a Medic with the 8CH "Crazy Eights" in Germany. The squadrons were all lined up and the stores were all laid out for yet another Brigade Commander's Annual Inspection. Seen one layout, seen them all dozen; the two hundredth got very tedious. So there is Ron standing at attention in front of his ambulance truck, with all the army kit laid out.

The OC, SSM, CO, RSM, Brigade Commander and Brigade RSM are slowly making their way down the rows. The General looks down the line and spots Ron and starts running, pointing his finger, shouting, "You! You're the bastard who stole my bicycle!" No one knows what is going on, but they trail along behind. The RSM must have been self-dictating the charge report, gotch now Rosetti!

The General pulls up and holds out his hand. "Howya doin'? Haven't seen you since the Nijmegan Marches! Every thing OK?' And they have a happy chat.

The General turns to the staff and tells how after the day of The Nijmegan Marches, how he had been "overly refreshed" and left his bicycle at one hospitality tent or another. Ron had recognized it and put in his ambulance until they got back to base. Ron, was golden for weeks afterwards - until he got caught doing something else.

I knew the Canadian Army worked on a low budget but The General only gets a Bicycle Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked Surprised

I would think they could at least a ford a moped or a Firefly (Not a Sherman, If I remember correctly that was the name of the Canadian version of the Chevette back about 1980 :wink:)

#5: Re: Leo C-2 Photos with Mine Plow and Blade Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:10 pm
    ----
This looks like a pretty recent picture with those ex-German cast turrets w add-on armor. I wonder if this is some of the armor recently saved from oblivion after they had second thoughts about MGS!

-> AFV News Discussion Board