Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:22 am
    ----
Hey All

I realize that this may be a little short notice, but thought some in the area might be able to take advantage.

The 'Armor In Asia' Living History program will be Saturday, 19 Aug 2006.
The timeline for the Saturday only exhibit & demonstrations is as follows:

0900 STATIC DISPLAY OPENS

1100 VIETNAM REENACTMENT

1330 HISTORICAL VEHICLE DRIVE BY

1500 VIETNAM REENACTMENT

1700 HISTORICAL VEHICLE DRIVE BY

1800 DISPLAYS CLOSE TO PUBLIC

Normally the event is a two day program hosted on 4th of July.

I hope to see ya'll there, I will insure to take alot of photos and post them on Sunday.

Regards,
Don

#2: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:32 am
    ----
Dontos, I look forward to seeing those pictures! Man if you ever get Ft Hood way, you have to look me up. Bring your BDU's, I'll throw on my uniform and we'll walk into what ever motor pool we want to. I found some new "Wolverines" mounted on the M1 chassis I bet you'd like to see up close. Did you see that M1 in the Cav museum has all matching serial numbers?! I hope to visit the other three M1's on display this Saturday morning and record them, who knows, maybe one was one of your old ones!?!?

#3: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:29 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Dontos, I look forward to seeing those pictures! Man if you ever get Ft Hood way, you have to look me up. Bring your BDU's, I'll throw on my uniform and we'll walk into what ever motor pool we want to. I found some new "Wolverines" mounted on the M1 chassis I bet you'd like to see up close. Did you see that M1 in the Cav museum has all matching serial numbers?! I hope to visit the other three M1's on display this Saturday morning and record them, who knows, maybe one was one of your old ones!?!?

Jeff

Spent many a day at Hood ( 85-86, 92-94, & 98-01) That M-1 at the CAV musuem has been there for a couple of years.

Back in 98, while on a Detail NCOIC, my section painted that tank as it was my Battalions responsibility ( 2/12 CAV ).

As for the invite, maybe some day when I roll thru, we can meet up. That would be cool.

I have a bunch of photos from 'hood' over the years, I'll dig them out.

BTW: I was an ROTC cadet at Ft Hood in Aug 82 assigned with B Co, 2/67 AR, 2ndAD, for 3 weeks.

Keep up the good work...
Don

#4: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:43 am
    ----
Alas, I've used up my Ft. Knox visit budget for '06....my finance officer would never approve this one, much as I'd love to be there!

#5: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:31 pm
    ----
Here is a preview....

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

See ya'll there, rain or shine.

Hot, Humid, rainy, and steamy.....whew!!

Don

#6: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:17 pm
    ----
that sounds like fun, wish i could be there don! has the special guest from the memorial days event been invited back for this event?
so who is going to be V.C.? what exactly will they do for a nam scenario?
will there be an air assets joining in the fun? we all love tracks, but you cant have nam without the slicks...
shawn

#7: Re: Patton Museum Event - Armor In Asia, 19 Aug 2006 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:14 am
    ----
Any more pics of the Sheridan?

I had to work. Sad

-> AFV News Discussion Board