My Lingle contribution
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: My Lingle contribution Author: SteveC86Location: Yorktown, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:23 pm
    ----
Taken at the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles 2006 open house:

Crew: My son

#2: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:33 pm
    ----
Ooooh! Roy's gonna' like that one.

We may be on the verge of creating our own reality...it's only a matter of time before "Lingle" shows up in the Wikipedia entry for "M114". (...and no, don't anyone dare!)

#3: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:48 pm
    ----
Hi Steve! Hi Folks!

- SteveC86

That M-114A0 is looking very nice. I just have two problems with it.

1. That M2 50 cal gun shield. If one is going to mount that, I think the vehicle markings should reflect the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. AFAIK, the ARVN's where the only ones who used that gun shield on a M-114.
2. That MLC plate mounted on the surf board. That type of plate is adjustable to account for vehicles that normally would be pulling a trailier.
AFV MLCs were painted directly onto the hull with a fixed number.

If I remember right, the M-114A0s and A1s were MLC 7 while the M-114A2 was MLC 8.

Other than that, that is one of the best looking Lingles we have all seen lately. Thanks Steve!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:52 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Ooooh! Roy's gonna' like that one.

We may be on the verge of creating our own reality...it's only a matter of time before "Lingle" shows up in the Wikipedia entry for "M114". (...and no, don't anyone dare!)

Like? You bet I like that one!

Wikipedia? Surprised Sounds great to me! Wink First Wilipedia, Mr. Green then FAS.Org! Twisted Evil

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#5: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:57 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Wikipedia? Surprised Sounds great to me! Wink First Wilipedia, Mr. Green then FAS.Org! Twisted Evil

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

You combatreformer, you! Laughing

#6: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:05 pm
    ----
FYI, fas.org is very out of date and hasnt been updated - as best I can tell since Pike went over to GlobalSecurity.org, which incidentally has an updated set of the same files (although some of the resource links in each file are broken).

Neil

#7: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:11 pm
    ----
Steve,
You a DC metropolitan local? I'm in Arlington and Bob lives up in Maryland. I think I've started to notice a few "locals" on here. Perhaps we should do a meet & greet at some point, or just abuse Bob's hospitality and make a trip up to APG.

Neil

#8: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: SteveC86Location: Yorktown, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:26 pm
    ----
Neil: I'd be up for that (as would the Boy Crew). I'm in Yorktown, and i could wish for some more tank monuments. Planes all over, not so many tanks... I was thinking it would probably be after the APG collection was housed in Ft. Lee before I got to see it, but a road trip is certainly doable.

#9: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:44 pm
    ----
Well, you made it more than halfway just going to VMMV - but yeah, APG is at least a four hour drive for you. I'll let Bob speak for when/if he'd be ready to do another APG tour.

Neil

#10: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:35 pm
    ----
- SteveC86

Crew: My son

Look on the left side of the photo! It’s a Canadian built C15TA Armoured Truck.

www.geocities.com/cmpv...c15ta.html

#11: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 pm
    ----
Here's more of the M114 and C15 from an earlier open house.

Neil

#12: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: J.McGillivray PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:41 pm
    ----
It is the same C15TA as featured on the Maple Leaf Up site.

www.mapleleafup.org/ve...c15ta.html

#13: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:06 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Well, you made it more than halfway just going to VMMV - but yeah, APG is at least a four hour drive for you. I'll let Bob speak for when/if he'd be ready to do another APG tour.

Neil

Although I've been busy and not able to get up to Aberdeen for longer than I like to admit, my offer to folks in this group stands.

If you are going to be in the area and want to vist Aberdeen PLEASE contact me and we'll see if we can arrange something. At least a few weeks notice would be nice but I'll see what we can work out.

#14: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:43 pm
    ----
I have an irrepressable urge to either rename this, or start a thread, called "Show us your Lingle". That oughta' be good for a few hits... Twisted Evil

#15: Re: My Lingle contribution Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:01 am
    ----
Roy's got to be happy, this has been one heck of a "Lingle" week on here. Got my juices flowing for more. I'll be going back to the Lingles here at Hood this week to check those rear stampings. If I see anything new, I'll post it here.

-> AFV News Discussion Board