4ID museum walk around photos for Neil...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm
    ----
In the pic above, from right to left..T54 converted into a Tiran4 by the Israelis and used by OPFOR at Hood. Second one is a Type 69. Third, T62, more than likely an OPFOR vehicle at one time.

#17: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:18 am
    ----
Guys,
Sorry I haven't been able to get back to the museum. It's frustrating driving by without the time to stop on a daily basis. I will try and get there tomorrow if my schedule free's up some. I'm working on compiling my M4 Sherman and varients book right now. I'm putting a front and rear shot of each vehicle and a description page together for each vehicle. Its nice to have a high quality color printer in my office, I consider it "official use" since its going to be shown and shared with the museum.

#18: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:24 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Guys,
Sorry I haven't been able to get back to the museum. It's frustrating driving by without the time to stop on a daily basis. I will try and get there tomorrow if my schedule free's up some. I'm working on compiling my M4 Sherman and varients book right now. I'm putting a front and rear shot of each vehicle and a description page together for each vehicle. Its nice to have a high quality color printer in my office, I consider it "official use" since its going to be shown and shared with the museum.

You mean you have a job?? Shocked I thought taking pics for this group was your job!! Where are your priorities, man?! Laughing Laughing

Jeff, thank you for taking the time to post all of these pics for us! They're outstanding!! I really have to head out there for a picture taking trip myself. However, I don't think the wife will buy into it. Sad

That's pretty damn cool about the Sherman book you're compiling. I hope the museum folk appreciate it!!

#19: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:36 pm
    ----
Yeah, exactly Jeff!

Any chance you'll be able to do a walk-around of the 1st Cav museum this weekend?

V1.0 of the USA AFV Register is almost done - I just need to confirm my 1st Cav museum info... With that I'll be able to upload it to the website - although Doug I need an appropriate "category" on the downloads page to upload it to:
www.com-central.net/in...=Downloads

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

#20: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

V1.0 of the USA AFV Registry is almost done - I just need to confirm my 1st Cav museum info... With that I'll be able to upload it to the website - although Roy I need an appropriate "category" on the downloads page to upload it to:

Hmm I think I will wait for the film version Wink

Anyone thinking of putting this all on a map so the non-usa readers can have some idea of a route to plan?

Cool

#21: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:25 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Neil_Baumgardner

V1.0 of the USA AFV Registry is almost done - I just need to confirm my 1st Cav museum info... With that I'll be able to upload it to the website - although Roy I need an appropriate "category" on the downloads page to upload it to:

Anyone thinking of putting this all on a map so the non-usa readers can have some idea of a route to plan?

Cool

Thats what Yahoo or Google maps is for Wink

Great idea, but would need some other ambitious person do to it.

I'm back in my night grad school program with the beginning of the semeter, so my free time will be more limited. Frankly, my next priority after this one would be a Canada AFV Registry, then Europe & Asia.

Neil

#22: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:02 am
    ----
Neil,
I hope to take my sons to the 1st Cav museum Monday to get back inside the M4A3 (105) VVSS thats there and unsecure. I want some interior shots and especially that data plate. While there, we will do a "walk around" of the museum. Toadman may have a request or two as well so we'll be busy, but I dont care!

#23: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: pascalbaussetLocation: France PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:33 pm
    ----
Cool Very nice museum, and pics.
We want more Smile

#24: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:47 am
    ----
Pascalbausset,
Nice of you to join the DG. I hope to go to the 1st Cav museum and do a walk-around Monday but I cant promise for sure. I may be helping a friend clear land on his ranch instead. He leaves for the big sand-box overseas this October so I'm trying to help him with as much as possible before then so his wife wont have to deal with it on her own. But mark my words, I will get the "walk-around" done and posted on here soon. Is there anything inparticular you are looking for?

#25: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:56 am
    ----
I hit the 1st Cav museum and did a walk around today and will post it shortly. I also got 12-15 photo's of the M746 for "Pascalbausset" and will probably post them tomorrow.

#26: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: pascalbaussetLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:05 am
    ----
Jeff post this pic

Its a M746 Ward La France Het tracctor the data sheets are here :

pascal

#27: Re: 4ID museum walk around photos for Neil... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
Not a problem, I did a walk-around for you and am about to post it.

-> AFV News Discussion Board