Bad news for modellers
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Bad news for modellers Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
An update from Hannants:

Message. We have been asked several times if the current non availability of Humbrol Paint will affect Xtracolor because there seems to be a belief around that Humbrol made Xtracolor for Hannants. They do not. Nothing could be further from the truth. Humbrol was made in China. Xtracolor is made in Lowestoft. The only way the Humbrol situation is affecting Xtracolor is in increased sales as modellers switch over as their supplies as Humbrol run out.

If your local model shop has a Humbrol Paint Rack which is getting empty you might like to remind them that Xtracolor is a very good substitute and the tinlets fit into a Humbrol Rack perfectly. We will be happy to supply them.

Message. Humbrol paints. To try and fill some holes in our paint racks we have just bought up the entire stock of a local shop. If you were after some paints that we did not have before we might have them again now. About 50 enamels, acrylics and enamel sprays and other Humbrol items are now back in stock. They are only in small quantities so please be quick. All marked as 88 Last Of Line in the Limited Availability department.

Marco

#17: Re: Bad news for modellers Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:20 pm
    ----
Good news for modellers:

"Hornby snaps up Airfix for £2.6m

Airfix's parent firm went into administration in the summer
Model train maker Hornby is to buy fellow UK collectibles business Airfix for £2.6m ($5m)."

-> news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/bu...134988.stm

"Hornby steams to the rescue of Airfix"

-> business.timesonline.c...46432.html

Cool
Marco

#18: Re: Bad news for modellers Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:52 pm
    ----
2 good companies.
I wasted me much of youth with an '00' gauge rig I put together up in me loft (that's 'attic', for you US types ;)).

#19: Re: Bad news for modellers Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:52 pm
    ----
yup was on the cards from a few days after the anouncment that hornby were going to make a bid, glad to here they took it on.....

#20: Re: Bad news for modellers Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:49 am
    ----
Airfix kits, geez built a ton of those 1/72nd scale planes. Quality stuff. Humbrol paints were great too.

Maybe someone will come along and acquire the molds someday and reintroduce the kits under a new name.

Many hours of enjoyment building models. Alas, they do accumulate dust and complaints by significant others. Cool

-> Officer's Club