Imagetool Batch Conversion
-> FS2004

#1: Imagetool Batch Conversion Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:07 pm
    ----
Instead of converting one file at a time, here's a way to do things much quicker! Quoting from the readme that I just finished typing up...

This is VERY important - thes batch files have a tag in them that makes them "recursive." In other words, they work in the folder they're in, and then dig into any sub folders. So, conceiveably, you could move one of the DXT batch files to the root of your C: drive, then move a copy of Imagetool to that same root, run the batch file, and convert every single bitmap on your hard drive to DXT compressed files! Thankfully, Microsoft put a Cancel button on the GUI of the batch processor!

Now, on to the proper way to use these files:

1 - Place these files into their own dedicated folder - preferably outside your main FS folder. Mine stay in the same place where I keep all of my FS downloads.

2 - Open the folder where you've just placed these files in one window, and your aircraft folder in another.

3 - If you want to make a backup of your original textures, now's the time.

4 - Drag one or all of the texture folders from the aircraft folder to the batch files folder.

5 - Double-click the batch file of choice, and Imagetool will do the rest. Click "Done" to finish.

6 - Drag the texture folders back into the aircraft folder.

Note: The only place that 24-bit textures are found in FS is in panel folders. 24-bit files do not work anywhere else. I included a 24-bit batch file for repainters. Many graphics programs don't behave properly when you try to work with 8-bit files, but several paint kits that I've seen came with 8-bit files. Instead of having to resave each file as 24-bit with MSPaint, I made this to make the conversion quick and easy.

The attached zip contains all of my batch files, and a copy of Microsoft's Imagetool.exe - I figure if Posky can have that same file hosted on their site for better than a year without MS having them remove it, then there shouldn't be an issue including it here.

I'd love to give credit to the person that I got the original two or three batch files from, but it was over a year ago on what is now the FSGateway forums.

#2: Re: Imagetool Batch Conversion Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:32 am
    ----
Cool

Thankx Tom !

fled
Cool

#3: Re: Imagetool Batch Conversion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
Thanks Tom!! I got it!!

-> FS2004