USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#211: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 pm
    ----
a new M53 in USA ?
www.flickr.com/photos/...085890058/

#212: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:24 pm
    ----
Neil,

Went to the Ft Stewart museum, Ft Stewart, GA on 8/26/10.

DID NOT SEE:
BMP-1
M24 Chaffee
M60A3
Type 69

The M163A1 was elsewhere on the base. Found it at William H Wilson & 16th.

Also, at the 3-7 Cav HQ on William H Wilson & W 6th, there was an M-26 (SN974) in addition to the M114 listed in the register.

Last edited by vagabond on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

#213: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm
    ----
Hi all,

I stopped by to see the M53 listed as being at Anthony Aviation at the Pompano Beach, FL airport. They have gone out of business and the AFV is gone.

I’ll try and track it down by going to the Anthony Crane rental (same parent company) and see if anyone can tell me where it is.
I'll post if I learn more.

Cheers!

#214: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 pm
    ----
FYI, I suffered a hard drive crash earlier this week (Monday was a BAD day - I also got sideswiped!). I'm hoping to get my data back next week, but in the interim I'm sorta offline. I certainly cant update the register until then.

If for any reason I cant get that particular data back, I'll have to rebuild the register based on the last full draft I sent out to someone via e-mail (which thankfully was only a few weeks ago).

Neil

#215: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear it Neil - there's nothing worse than losing precious data. I have had good results paying a company to recover a broken hard drive, but it was expensive.

#216: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:14 pm
    ----
Neil, I may have a new tank for you (it's not in the 2008 edition).

While researching the M41 series I came across some interesting walkarounds on AFVDB. One was of the FK example in Keyes Park, so I added a link to its profile page. Then there was one of an example at Moundsville WV so that got me researching it, and so I've added a location entry for it:

Army National Guard, Moundsville WV

It turns out this one is in your register, but in researching it I came across a 2006 WVNG Annual Report (see link on the page just given) and it clearly shows an M41 at Eleanor, so I've added a location entry for it too:

Joint Forces Reserve Center, Eleanor WV

This one doesn't seem to be in the register so I hope it's a new find. I've included the best links I found for each entry on their pages as usual.

If anyone has photo's of these tanks or locations, please let me know.

#217: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:31 pm
    ----
Just found another new M41 I think, this time at Zutendaal in Belgium (at least it doesn't seem to be in the Belgium register):

www.ww2vehicles-and-me...nument.htm
www.panoramio.com/photo/6243900

#218: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 am
    ----
Trevor

Here is a July photo of that M41 that used to be in Keyes Park but is currently in RMP

Don

#219: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 am
    ----
The one in Zutendaal is the actually in Wiemesmeer, see grid N 50 57.368 E 005 33.724

regards,
Lesley

#220: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
The one in Zutendaal is the actually in Wiemesmeer, see grid N 50 57.368 E 005 33.724

regards,
Lesley

... and that one's in the Register. Ok, thanks, case closed.

- Dontos
Trevor

Here is a July photo of that M41 that used to be in Keyes Park but is currently in RMP

Don

Added, thanks. I also found one of your old black and white pictures and added it. I'd appreciate it if you could make an estimate of its date:

Unique ID 1302: M41A1 in Fort Knox RMP (previously Keyes Park)

#221: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 am
    ----
That was taken during a Patton Museum Open House / Drive By in the late 70's (1978?).

BTW I have stumbled on a large collection of Volunteer event photos for those early days. Amazing to see the amount of vehicles that were previously 'paraded' during those early events. I'll begin posting them in the next few days.

Regards
Don

#222: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:20 pm
    ----
FYI, it turns out that my hard drive was not recoverable... So I will have to try to recreate the USA AFV Register based on one of the last drafts I sent out a few weeks ago... So not all is lost, but it will take some time...

Neil

#223: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm
    ----
- Dontos
That was taken during a Patton Museum Open House / Drive By in the late 70's (1978?).

Updated, thanks.

preservedtanks.com/Pro...queID=1302

- Dontos
BTW I have stumbled on a large collection of Volunteer event photos for those early days. Amazing to see the amount of vehicles that were previously 'paraded' during those early events. I'll begin posting them in the next few days.

I look forward to seeing them.

- Neil_Baumgardner
FYI, it turns out that my hard drive was not recoverable... So I will have to try to recreate the USA AFV Register based on one of the last drafts I sent out a few weeks ago... So not all is lost, but it will take some time...

Neil

That's bad news - I always hate trying to recreate stuff I've done before.

#224: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm
    ----
it turns out that my hard drive was not recoverable...

One of my greatest fears Shocked .

So now I back up everything to external hard drives (two) and all my pictures are burned to CD for each tank I document.

Yet I still fear loosing stuff, maybe I'm just paranoid Rolling Eyes

#225: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 pm
    ----
External hard drives are the best insurance there is. Also makes transfer between computers a breeze. I keep everything in two systems and and external HD for safety's sake.

That M41 is different from the one in front of the old Patton Museum in one of my pics (which has straight fenders). Do we know where "mine" is?

-> AFV News Discussion Board